Total beginner.‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Looking for I’m looking for a little help and I was wondering if I could reach out to the community?

I’m looking for someone willing to spend a small amount of time to help me with the basics of stepping away from using the playground, and to start interfacing with GPT3 through Python.

I am ultimately wanting to use Search and Q/A on a list of documents, but trying to learn how to use GPT3 AND how to use Python at the same time is proving difficult.

I am currently self-teaching but I am finding it increasingly difficult as there are so many holes in the foundations of my knowledge. I am having to jump all over the place.

Any help appreciated

5 Likes

Just to say that you don’t really need to use python. You can make API calls from a client such as Postman, and use it to upload files etc.

I found a good example on Python, this is my base to my PHP code.

1 Like

Hi @hstanleycrow, can you provide a link to your python example? And explain what you mean by “base to my php code”? The reason I am asking is because I may need to integrate my openai work in python with php, but am quite perplexed by that. Thanks.

1 Like

what a shame, I thought I had shared it.
This is the URL How To Build a GPT-3 Web App with Python | by John Mannelly | Medium.
So, I am a PHP programmer, so, i took parts of that code and used into PHP, It help me to change the logic behind my code.

3 Likes

there’s nothing really specific about using python or php. You can just use CURL with php to call the API, like any other

1 Like

Nobody is talking about if there is something specific on a languge. Send a CURL could be something simple, but to work it is not only necessary send a CURL or request to the API. You need some logic on how to prepare the prompt, etc, if you didn’t do it yet, then I understand your comment.

1 Like

preparing the prompt is essentially just concatenating strings of the text/examples you need. What else are you struggling with?

No perfect man… try to read

:man_shrugging:
perhaps explain better then