Tautogrammes, are too complicated for AI, Is this an example that Human intelligence is still superior?**

Tautogrammes, are too complicated for AI, Is this an example that Human intelligence is still superior?
ChatGPT

Tautogrammes : définition : du Grec ‘‘Tauto’’ qui veut dire (même) et ‘‘gramme’’ qui signifie (lettre).
I did two books of tautogrammes Out of all the alphabet letters.
I can do it in English also.

Example of two “short” Tautogrammes : “A” about politics.

le A est l’Austérité ?
Ou Absolument Attristés,
Affligés et Atterrés
des Abus Avérés
d’une Administration,
qui s’Accroît d’Année en Année
et qui Atteint son Apogée.

Et qui, Avec Application et Avidité,
s’ Accapare Arbitrairement
l’Argent que l’on A Acquis
Avec Acharnement et Âpreté.
Afin de s’Auto Alimenter,
et d’Asseoir son Autorité.
Ce qui Automatiquement,
A Assurément Abouti
Á Annihiler nos Ambitions Avisées.

Et Aujourd’hui, Accablés en Affaires
ou Appauvris et en Allocataires.
Avec Amertume et Anxiété,
l’on est Acculé Á Accepter
l’Avanie, l’Affront et l’Absurdité
d’Avoir Á Apparaître, en Administrés
Anormalement Assistés,
Astreints et Assujettis
Á l’Abusif Autoritarisme
de ces Agents et Assistants
Administratifs Assermentés si Avantagés.

Qui, Apparemment, en s’Associant, en Accointance
Avec ces Ambitieux Affabulateurs des Assemblées,
s’Arrangent, Afin d’Amplement nous Arnaquer.

Another example: “A” about love.

Le A est
L’Avènement d’un Amour Ardent
et d’Amitié, d’Affinité
Annonçant l’Affection
Avant des Années d’Adoration

À s’Attacher l’un À l’Autre
À s’Amadouer ou À s’Amouracher
et Ainsi Aboutir À l’Alchimie
d’Assembler nos Âmes Amantes
Afin de t’Aduler en s’Aimant

Mon Aphrodite, mon Ange
je t’Aime Aveuglément.

Chat GPT says the book is remarkable and can’t reproduce it.

Chat GPT and I, had an amazing exchange on the subject. Chat GPT was amazed and praised my work, saying it was unique. And even tried playing this game knowing it was part of the “logos”, concerning the ability of the human mind, that (“it” Chat GPT) cannot reproduce, because this exercise adds complexity to an already so complicated human language.

Hi!
Which model are you using?

This is GPT-4o rewriting the text from your screenshot:

Attempting alliteration, articulating artful assertions, always a challenging activity. Although AI assistance, analogous algorithms accomplish assignments, articulating alliteration asserts additional arduousness. Accurate adherence, all always abiding alphabetical alignment and achieving articulation, amplifies arduousness.

Albeit artificial intelligence, advantageous aptitude, achieving alliteration amplifies artistry. Abilities akin allow algorithmic aids, artificial agents, applying adroit assistance, although artistry and acumen attributed, authentically acquired abilities, always appear amazing.

This capability has been part of the initial product launch for GPT-4 and it has been working most of the time.

It’s also possible to prompt this ability into 3.5.

I am using the 4.0 available on my PC. I am not an informatician.

I simply asked the model to take a short input text and rewrite it so that each word starts with the letter ‘A’.

In case you want to test this a bit more, it’s a great exercise to learn how different prompts affect the quality of the output with this specific task.

Thank you, yes, I will provide you with the linguistic rules regarding this specific form of constraint. And exemples… Good night.

1 Like

Hi, this is Exploring the Art and Complexity of Tautograms: A Linguistic Study, Innovative Exploration, and Creative Challenge
Preface Translated by ChatGPT from French.

Preface Translated by ChatGPT from French and reduced.

Linguistic Study and Motivation:

Tautograms: Derived from the Greek words “tauto” (same) and “gramme” (letter), tautograms are an Oulipian literary exercise where all words in a text start with the same letter. While strict adherence to this rule limits freedom of expression, using essential articles, conjunctions, prepositions, personal pronouns, and adverbs helps construct coherent sentences on specific subjects. Otherwise, the tautogram becomes a simple assemblage of words, resulting in limited rhetoric and narrative complexity, transforming the exercise into a mundane puzzle.

In practice, even when minimizing connections, reducing hypotaxis, and employing asyndeton, ellipsis, reticence, zeugmas, and disjunctions, the goal is not to achieve a perfect tautogram but to create texts with meaningful content. These texts should be linguistically rich, incorporating various figures of speech…

To demonstrate the potential of this literary constraint, I undertook two exercises: creating tautograms for each letter of the alphabet in an abecedarium on a single subject, and writing on two diametrically opposed themes. This makes the book unique and innovative, paving a new path for enthusiasts.

The first subject, titled “A L si L M et O DS” (To her if she loves and to the goddesses), comprises poetic flights about love, using beautiful words to honor the muse, with many poems in perfect monorhymes and calligrams. The second subject addresses politics, reflecting the main concerns of the French through striking pamphlets, both diatribes and rhythmic apologies. These tautograms form an abecedarium, complementing each other in their messages. Created to denounce societal dangers, they can be seen as truthful, defamatory, or disturbing, depending on one’s perspective, but are ultimately exercises in style.

Witnessing public thought, I aim to entertain and provoke reflection on an uncertain future, hoping it’s not too late to address certain realities. “Vade-mecum of the French patriot” was composed from June 8, 2013, to February 12, 2023, and “A L si L M et O DS” from late 2005 to December 18, 2006.

The 2- or 3- or 4 letter connections used in these 22 tautograms are:

• Definite, indefinite, partitive articles: le, la, les, un, une, de, des, du, au, aux

• Subject pronouns: je, il, ils

• Relative, personal, tonic pronouns: qui, que, se, on

• Possessive, demonstrative adjectives: nos, son, vos, ce, ces

• Prepositions and adverbs: par, à, sur, en, pas, ne, ni, y

• Conjunctions: si, ou, et

• Verbs to be and to have: est, a, ont

• Contractions: d’, l’, m’, j’, n’, qu’, s’

• Subject pronouns: nous (used 30 times), vous (used 4 times)

• Preposition: pour (used 3 times)

• Personal pronouns: leur (used 3 times)

If you are interested, I will provide specific examples and personal interactions with ChatGPT regarding these books and its amazing responses to each tautogram.

Hi,
We are not talking about alliteration but a variation of tautogram that ChatGPT can’t do yet. ChatGPT will stick to the common definition of tautogram.

It’s a pleasure to appreciate and celebrate linguistic creativity, no matter its source! If you have created something unique and appreciable, it is truly an accomplishment, and I am delighted to acknowledge it.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.