Support a Pioneering Work of Fiction: Lights in the Old Fort on Kickstarter

I am excited to share with you my latest project, Lights in the Old Fort, a novel that combines the power of AI collaboration with the artistry of human writing. Using OpenAI’s state-of-the-art language model, GPT-3, this novel is the first of its kind in the field of creative writing.

Set in 1927 New England, Lights in the Old Fort is a nostalgic tale of adventure, mystery, and intrigue that harkens back to the classic stories of our youth. My brother and I wrote the script for the podcast and together, we’ve created a love letter to the timeless tales of our childhood summers.

But this project is more than just a thrilling story. It’s a technological achievement that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with AI in creative writing. I’ve spent months curating and polishing the AI-generated passages, compiling them into a seamless and indistinguishable manuscript. The result is a one-of-a-kind novel that combines the best of both worlds: the creativity and imagination of human writing with the boundless possibilities of AI technology. The book also features dozens of original illustrations inspired by 1920s lithographs, brought to life by cutting-edge image generation technologies.

As a member of the OpenAI community, I would be honored to have your support in making this project a reality. By backing our Kickstarter campaign, you’ll not only be joining us on the ground floor of this exciting project, but you’ll also have the opportunity to be a part of something truly groundbreaking and historic. Plus, you’ll have access to exclusive rewards like signed hardcover first prints, custom-generated illustrations, and personalized AI writing workshops with me.

Your support will help cover the costs of editing, printing, and distribution, as well as promoting the book to a wider audience. So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to be a part of something truly revolutionary and make your mark on the world of writing and technology. Join us today and let’s make history together!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ambp/lights-in-the-old-fort-the-novelization

3 Likes

Well done and here’s hoping the project results get you reasonable return$.

I really love the illustrations. It reminds me of the style of Tin Tin comic artwork.

1 Like