Suggestion for improving functionality: Support for sharing access to chats

Dear OpenAI Team,

I am unsure if this feature exists in GPT-4 (as far as I know, it does not), but I am reaching out to you with a proposal to enhance the functionality in ChatGPT (3.5 and 4).

One of the key ideas of my proposal is the ability to share links to chats with other users, allowing them to join discussions and ask questions in real-time. This feature is particularly relevant for project groups and teams who can utilize chats for collaborative work and idea exchange.

However, my interest in this feature primarily stems from the desire to be able to transfer or share access to chats between my various accounts. For instance, I may create a chat on one account but would like to have the ability to invite participants or grant access to the discussion through another account that is also related to the chat’s topic. This would streamline the process of managing and exchanging information between my different profiles.

(That person who shares the link will be the owner and, consequently, can expel those who joined this chat.)

I believe that implementing such functionality would make ChatGPT even more convenient and effective for teamwork and knowledge sharing.

4 Likes

:red_circle: P. S. If someone has already written about this on this platform, you can simply ignore it or share the link to that topic.

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I think this idea is really cool! :smiley:

Wow, this is a great idea! I look forward to such updates. I support it!:saluting_face: