Stop letting ChatGPT get in the way of new businesses

Dear OpenAI,

We ar frustrated that ChatGPT likely is getting in the way of our projects, since ChatGPT has came out, OpenAI has become unreliable. My team and I have developed a couple of products that utilise the GPT-3 model. We have a business running and are dependent on it with our new products. We hesitant to carry out our business with them in the future.

We are aware that you have scaling issues with these large models. However, we are disappointed that the infrastructure of ChatGPT reliability is correlated with of GPT-3. We expected that these two products are isolated and have no effect on each other regardless of how cost effective it could be to reuse the common resources.

We, developers, hope that we no longer see this in the future, but we developers and entrepreneurs cannot rely on the GPT-3 API as it is right now and we are hesitated to business with these new products. We are considering to move away from this.

I hope this resonates with you.

Best,

Tefeno team

8 Likes

I feel sad because I do appreciate the possibilities of ChatGPT and I feel tired because of all the limitation… It is impossible to communicate with OpenAI and they do not communicate much with the community… I understand the frustration you have… My problems are not as critical as yours but I can relate to your situation… it make me feel sad especially because I first felt part of this, I felt like OpenAI was something I was proud to identify myself with… and now I just feel deception and frustration… all based on the fact that it is impossible to communicate directly… or to have communication to the community in general more than the few blog posts… I wish you good luck with you projects and I hope that soon the market will have many opportunities to offer so that we have choice and more options of the same level as OpenAI offers…

1 Like

I appreciate you sharing the sentiment here. While you already have a product up and running, we are currently trying to build one and with the services being unreliable, it is being a very tricky undertaking. Hopefully, they can sort this out in the near future or they might start haemorrhaging b2b products that use GPT very soon

2 Likes

It’s best to not be this early an adopter if you cannot accept the risk of being a very early adopter.

All experienced developers know that early adoption on a new technology offering at this stage of the game is outage prone.

Relax.

Getting all wound up is not going to help anyone.

2 Likes

I think they have explained their situation in a positive manner, I believe there is the possibility to construct and build something meaningful for the community from what they said. Many people can relate and I do feel the same way… I do also relate to your opinion about early adoption, it is true and valuable. But I have the impression that saying «Getting all wound up is not going to help anyone.» is not helpful or emphatic… I believe that it is important that the people who are using OpenAI products can express themself about their experience…

3 Likes

LOL

I am an OpenAI user and developer (just like everyone else here) and the system is down.

Go relax and enjoy life. Complaining is not going to help.

I’m going for Mexican food with a beautiful lady.

You guys keep whining and complaining if that make you feel good.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Single male with the inability to digest Mexican food here. I envy you, my man.

2 Likes

there is no mexican food here but i eat turkish snacks. :))

2 Likes

More positivity and support like this should be encouraged. :muscle::heart_hands:

• It’s disappointing at how many people in this community like to shut people down…
3 Likes

Let’s all have “empathy” for the OpenAI staff and contractors working round-the-clock to resolve this outage.

We are all wishing you the best!

3 Likes

@tefeno ### Joined 4 days ago ### Read 5m

Mensagem de Tefeno:

{
“message”: “We are frustrated that ChatGPT likely is getting in the way of our projects, since ChatGPT has came out, OpenAI has become unreliable. My team and I have developed a couple of products that utilise the GPT-3 model. We have a business running and are dependent on it with our new products. We hesitant to carry out our business with them in the future.”,
“analysis”: {
“sentiment”: “Negative”,
“keywords”: [“ChatGPT”, “OpenAI”, “GPT-3”, “business”, “products”, “hesitant”],
“topic”: “Reliability”
}
}

Resposta do ChatGPT:

{
“response”: [
{
“message”: “We understand your frustration and we are actively working to improve the reliability of the GPT-3 API.”
},
{
“message”: “We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we are committed to ensuring that developers and entrepreneurs can rely on the GPT-3 API for their projects.”
},
{
“message”: “We are confident that we will have a more reliable product in the future and we would love to continue our business partnership with you.”
}
]
}

2 Likes