setting the voice mode as the default mode

Dear OpenAI Development Team,

I am writing to you today to request a significant feature enhancement for ChatGPT 4o, which has the potential to revolutionize the lives of individuals with visual impairments.

A friend of mine suffered a severe injury during his army service, resulting in the loss of both legs, one arm up to the elbow, and all but one finger on his remaining hand.
To compound these challenges, he has also lost his eyesight.
Despite these immense obstacles, he remains an incredibly strong-willed and inspiring individual.
As an example of his unwavering determination, he actively participates in tandem cycling competitions.

With the recent introduction of ChatGPT 4o’s speech capabilities, I am convinced that this technology can profoundly impact my friend’s ability to interact with the world and access information.
However, the current application’s default mode of text-based interaction poses a significant limitation for individuals with visual impairments.

To address this issue, I propose the following feature enhancement:
In the user settings, add an option for setting the voice mode as the default mode.

The implementation of this feature would not only benefit individuals like my friend but also open up a world of possibilities for a broader community of users with visual impairments.
It would enable them to engage in natural conversations, access information more efficiently, and connect with others on a deeper level.

I urge you to consider this feature request with the utmost priority.
The potential impact on the lives of individuals with visual impairments is immeasurable, and ChatGPT 4o has the power to become a truly transformative tool for this community.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Rami Hasan.

1 Like