Seeking Cost-Effective Alternatives: Help with AI Article Generation using ChatGPT 3.5 Turbo 1106

Hi all, I’m working on a university startup that involves writing AI articles using ChatGPT 3.5 Turbo 1106. The results are good, but the costs are adding up due to frequent prompt testing. Can anyone recommend other versions that are cost-effective and still great for generating articles ? I’d really appreciate your input on this!

1 Like

The model gpt-3.5-turbo specified alone is gpt-3.5-turbo-0125, with the price of input language tokens cut in half.

This is especially beneficial if you are maintaining a chatbot conversation history.

You should evaluate the new model’s capabilities on your task at hand, however, especially in utilizing large context placed into that input for topical understanding.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I will start testing it today and see the results.
Appreciated :point_up:t2:

Following my transition from version 1106 to 0125, the expenses have decreased by approximately 30%, while the outcomes remain largely consistent. It has come to our attention that results for the same prompt are fluctuating, and we have observed some errors. For instance, when requesting an HTML article without markdowns, there have been instances where markdowns, such as using two stars “**” for bold text instead of , were mistakenly included. This feedback is provided with the hope that it proves helpful to others.

2 Likes

I am using gpt-3.5-turbo-0125 and it is good, have you tried it?