Search bar for chat history in browser

iOS has a search bar, the browser version does not

can potentially save a lot of compute if users don’t need to raise same questions over again

7 Likes

Absolutely! It would be great if they could provide a way to search for past chats on desktop with a simple search field on the left panel. I have hundreds of chats and this would be invaluable with this functionality.

3 Likes

I agree! This is one of the features I really miss.
In order to go back to previous chats in the browser, I currently have to perform a search in the iOS app, tell chatgpt to “just say ok”, so that that the chat is updated. I then go back to the browser and refresh the windows so I’ll find the latest chat update at the top.

Unnecessarily tedious.

3 Likes

Yes, PLEASE!

Currently the only way is to export all my chats and search through the html file.

It would be great if there was a search bar at the top of the chat list (under “+ New Chat”) and when searching a term, it would list only chats with the search-term highlighted in them. When clicked on, it would open the chat at the place in the chat that has the term also highlighted.

Thanks for changing the world!

1 Like

Unfortunately, iOS search bar doesn’t seem to include much beyond a near exact match. partial matching/scoring would also be super helpful! Please!

why ain’t OpenAI taking this up… it’s so crucial to the experience :frowning:

Since the search still isn’t there, you have some options:

• export your data and search locally
  • use mobile app/emulator
  • try Searchable extension made for this

Is there a searchable extension for Firefox? I really wish to use Ctrl+F to quickly search my history. Why do developers make it such a hassle?

@softyoda Specially for you, built a version for Firefox: Searchable ChatGPT: search chat history – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)
Please check it out and let me know if everything works as expected :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, thank you, it is very helpful !

I already had 1160 chat with chatgpt :astonished:

1 Like