Regeneration causing buffering and going out of the app deletes previous messages

Whenever I regenerate a message the app buffers, and going out and then back deletes all previous messages, not including the one that had the answer regenerated.

So far I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, shutting off and turning back in my phone, and clearing its history. I’ve noticed that it’s been like this since yesterday.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. We are mostly fellow enthusiasts, but OpenAI staff will occasionally skim the forum for identification of issues in open topics.

You can go to your device’s app store and ensure you are using the official OpenAI ChatGPT app, and get the latest version.

I can see that they’d need more information: What model device, what application, what version of application. Then a step-by-step guide that someone else could follow to see the same thing you do, to come to the realization “we need to fix this!”

Okay, thanks for the heads up & taking the time to reply.

I’m using the official one from the app store on an iPhone, it’s updated to the latest version (Version 1.2023.346).

I’m using both ChatGPT 3.5 and ChatGPT 4.0, all the base settings are the same and it does this for both when custom instructions is on and, something I learned at the time of writing this, only on ChatGPT 4.0 when it’s off.

I was using it for roleplay, but I found it works with letters. (So it’s easy to replicate)

Type in ‘A’ and wait for a response.

Type in ‘B’ and wait for a response.

Type in ‘C’ and wait for a response.

For me, when I regenerate the response for C it buffers, and will either show the pulsing dot or a frozen dot.

If I stop the generation it’ll delete messages A and B, along with their responses after I type it back in. If I go out and refresh it so I can try again the same happens.