Refining requests to gpt3

If I input the following in Playground:

Rewrite
Tips to make a good coffee

…gpt generally continues the text. Is there a way I can get only a rewrite, regardless of the temperature?

If I take out ‘tips’ and give it an input like:

Rewrite
I’m going to the shop do you want me to get you anything

…then it rewrites.

But is there a command I can use to make it rewrite no matter the input?

Rewrite is quite vague and you have not given it any examples or structure. When I try this in playground I get:

1. Start with fresh, cold water.
  2. Bring water to a boil and then let it cool for about 30 seconds before pouring it over the coffee grounds.
  3. Use a coffee filter.

While this has given an answer, it is not what you asked for. There are three methods I would use to fix this. The first one would be to use more descriptive words and describe how you want it to rewrite it. After a bit of testing this on its own did not give the results you are looking for. The next method is giving examples.

Rewrite:

Tips to help you make a great cup of coffee every time.

I’m going to the shop do you want me to get you anything?
Do you want me to pick up anything for you while I’m at the store?

Here I gave it an example of what it should do and it gave me much better results. It understood what to do. It still did not give perfect results but combining the first and second method properly should give you what you want.

The third method is the easiest. Use editing… https://beta.openai.com/playground?mode=edit&model=text-davinci-edit-001

1 Like