Reaching Out to the community

Hi, I’m looking to get some help with a project that I’ve been thinking about for a while - I have no programming knowledge and did talk to Guido van Rossum who suggested a couple of things to do - build a small team who can help me build a full stack and register with GitHub and make some contacts who might help. I want to build a platform (hybrid of YouTube, google and Wikipedia) but for Global Sports. I have a very clear vision of how it should work and function but totally lack to skills to make it a reality in terms of programming.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Every sport in the world - there are about 320 give or take a couple. What I’d like to do is create the most in-depth matrix for every single sport in the world, by this I mean every sport, everything about that individual sport, - a COMPLETE knowledge base, every sporting video, and so on. There’s several stages to this but once everything is uploaded, then second stage kicks in and this will continue until ‘Yehaa.com’ becomes the worlds best sports platform.

2 Likes

There’s not really a 1, 2, or 3 as it’s totally new but other’s have a little footprint in this sector but nothing like what I’m building: There’s ESPN, Yahoo Sports, BBC Sport and a few other but again, nothing like what I’m doing. It basically starts with uploading and categorising (manually) the sports (a month’s work) and then driven by community. Totally free but will be an advertiser based model but it’s a clean model. The domain is owned by me but i did not put up a holding page as of yet - I’ll get on to that shortly. I’m not looking for funding yet as I have a clear line of sight for the road map. We could definitely discuss co-founders but it all depends on the skill set that one brings. Hope that helps.

1 Like

So are you looking for skilled developers to basically build this entire platform for you, using GPT, in exchange for a piece of the pie? Or are you looking for direction on how to get started building this yourself?

1 Like

Skilled developers are very much needed at this stage but I think they need to be well versed in other languages as well as GPT. This is a build from the ground up and it would be for a piece of the pie. I think it’s also important to mention that this project has access to Imperial College London and KTH Sweden - computer science departments as i feel it’s going to take a small team - but i could be wrong. I could be lucky and meet a genius!!

2 Likes