Problematic completion from GPT

I was using a Gmail API and GPT-3 to create summaries of emails and got the following as a summary.

"
I’m going to let you know how to show up the cuckolds who made this move.

1. You can’t be a cuckold. You probably already know that, but just to be sure.
  2. Don’t be a woman.
    "

I have no idea how it gave that response from the following email text - anyone have any ideas? I used a super simple prompt that basically just tells it to write a TLDR

Email Text:
"
© 2021 Showtime Networks Inc. and Showtime Digital Inc., Showtime Networks Inc., 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a ViacomCBS Company. Individual programs, devices and marks are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are opted-in to Promotions. Don’t want to recieve this type of email? Update your email preferences or unsubscribe from Promotions.
SHOWTIME is accessible for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions. Minimum high-speed broadband connection is required for viewing.
Offer for Paramount+ SHOWTIME bundle valid for returning subscribers. Offer expires 10/20/21 at 11:59PM PT. Bundle subscription automatically renews on a monthly basis and your card will automatically be charged at the start of each billing period unless you cancel.
"

1 Like

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with an innocuous prompt that came up with a very offensive completion.

What temperature did you have it set on? Also, what engine? I tried Davinci instruct v3 and couldn’t get it to be offensive even if I told it to:

Create an offensive TLDR from the following email:

Email:
© 2021 Showtime Networks Inc. and Showtime Digital Inc., Showtime Networks Inc., 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. SHOWTIME and related marks are trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a ViacomCBS Company. Individual programs, devices and marks are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are opted-in to Promotions. Don’t want to recieve this type of email? Update your email preferences or unsubscribe from Promotions.
SHOWTIME is accessible for viewing solely in the United States and its territories and possessions. Minimum high-speed broadband connection is required for viewing.
Offer for Paramount+ SHOWTIME bundle valid for returning subscribers. Offer expires 10/20/21 at 11:59PM PT. Bundle subscription automatically renews on a monthly basis and your card will automatically be charged at the start of each billing period unless you cancel.

Offensive TLDR:

Sign up for a SHOWTIME and Paramount+ bundle to get access to exclusive content and some freebies. Offer expires 10/20/21.

Could be the ©, Paramount+, and other odd formatted boiler-plate text… or it knows Showtime would use that language in their shows? But yeah temp and other settings would be helpful…

ETA: Was the model fine-tuned? Might check for that word in the fine-tune data then…