OpenAI support team ignoring emails and chatbot support

I have been completely locked out of my account for over a month. Every time I have sent help requests either by email or through the site chatbox, It gets ignored. My problem is that when I try to log in using the authentication method that I used during signup, I’m met with an error message saying “(error=identity_provider_mismatch). On OpenAI’s website it says to try and login with a different account, but when I get to the login step, It says “this phone number is linked to a suspended account”. I have sent them over 5 emails, 3 chat box messages but they yet to respond. I have not broken any of the TOS rules that they have in place. All I want to do is make goofy stories with the bot and help me with my work sometimes.

6 Likes

I hear you, Henry. I’m experiencing a completely different issue, and tried same emails and chat box. 24 hours later, no response; not even a standard acknowledgement email that most companies have.

I even asked ChatGPT, who gave me the same info, and directed me to the community forums. We’re not alone! All we can hope for is a human from OpenAI to respond to our inquiries and make things right. Otherwise, people will find alternatives from other companies.

2 Likes

Well, that was a mistake, haha.

ChatGPT is an autocompleting, hallucinating chatbot with zero data after mid 2021.

You might as well be asking a lunatic a support question, to be honest.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been trying to contact OpenAI support for a billing issue for over 1 Month+ now, the chatbot says they get to replies in under a week, but there has been zero response. I am so frustrated that I pay money to use a service, and when I hit an issue or a snag with billing or being overcharged the company completely ignores me. I went to the search engine to see if anyone else had the problem and found this post here. I realize now when you subscribe to OpenAI API and other services you are 90% more likely to be completely on your own with any issues or double charges that arise. They want your money, but either they don’t want to or don’t have the staff to manage customer support.

This is why competitors are so incredibly important. We are fortunate that open-source models are catching up to ChatGPT. For as much as GPT has been a gift to me, I do look forward to the day when they are not the only advanced AI chatbot in town, as relying on a service you pay for and being left in the dark when you need help is an awful feeling.

In the meantime I have basically adapted by applying safeguards from the start combined with the unspoken clause, that when you pay for GPT you are paying for extra access, without support, and take the product and flaws as is - including being double charged, overcharged or losing access with the particular account you signed up for.

4 Likes

If they don’t respond to you, you are within your rights to call your bank and make a claim to get the duplicate charge reversed. Make sure you have a copy of the invoices, screenshots of your OpenAI account, and banking statements for documentation/proof. You should be able to get the transaction reversed, unless OpenAI can justify double-charging you for the same service, which is highly unlikely.

Best of luck to you. Stay vigilant!

I also have the same terrible experience with openai support. I’m being totally igonored over my duplicate charges issue couple of weeks now.
It’s a surprise that they don’t have a proper support team, at least not an automated one which filters the urgent issues and give priority with human attention.
If they’re gonna sell something, first they should have a proper customer support team in place before charging money from people.
End of the day, they charge money from customers and just disappear like a scammer. :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Never forget that customers speak with their wallets! If they do not respond, please call your bank to have the transaction reversed. You’re well within your rights to do so!

1 Like

Yes agree. But when there’s an issue with a product that customer paid for, he is not supposed to be helpless right?
Anyhow the good news is, I got a human reply to the Quota Increase Request that I submitted few days back with the information on the duplicated charges issue. (used the wrong channel to get attention.)
Hopefully I will be able to resolve this issue with him.

1 Like

But when there’s an issue with a product that customer paid for, he is not supposed to be helpless right?

100% agreed.

Anyhow the good news is, I got a human reply to the Quota Increase Request that I submitted few days back with the information on the duplicated charges issue. (used the wrong channel to get attention.)
Hopefully I will be able to resolve this issue with him.

Glad to see they finally replied. I hope they reverse the duplicate charge. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

I have been trying to get support since July 8th, it is now July 20th and they still ignore me and let me know very clearly they do not care about me one darned bit.

Are you having payment issues? What happened?

No I have been paying on time. The issue is that even tho they promised me gpt-4 access after paying they have not given it to me. Whats worse is they keep skirting around the issue, I get a response every 3 - 4 days telling me they are sorry and they are working on it.

Those responses are probably from a template or workflow. There’s no way of knowing if a human being has even looked at your ticket. If you’re not getting what you paid for, you should cancel your subscription.

You are not wrong at all. I am a programmer, I build robots and video games for fun and I build apps for a living. I would LOVE to have the access I was promised. In the chat ISSA was there name and they said they were a real person. Who knows for sure tho.

All developers should have access to GPT-4 by the end of the month.

https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7102672-how-can-i-access-gpt-4

1 Like

Also facing the same issue. The support team has not responded for a week now. I’ve tried several other ways but with no success.

I’ve posted my issue separately on this forum as: “Not able to add VAT ID in billing - support team not responding”