Openai Api Error "The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that"

I am facing the same issue. The error is even occurring in the Playground. I have noticed that in case of API it doesn’t appear if there is sufficient delay (about 30+ sec) between two successive requests. I’m using pay as you go account so expect not to have such errors.

1 Like

same here since this morning (CET time around 8:40)

Haven’t been able to do my experiments, any sugestions?

same error here. wait a while and retried, 2 request succeeded and then failed again…

I’m facing the exact same problem

[CHATGPT] Exception: The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID ******************************** in your message.) {
  "error": {
    "message": "The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID ********************************** in your message.)",
    "type": "server_error",
    "param": null,
    "code": null
  }
}

The server had an error processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if you keep seeing this error. (Please include the request ID xxx in your email. We have received this about 50% of the requests today to the GPT3.5 API with a paid account. Anybody can please elaborate on why this happens? Also, it says include the request id in your email, but i have no email address to send this to. I suppose no one has this email address? Thanks

Same error. Openai should do something about this error.

openai.error.APIError: The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID … in your message.) {
“error”: {
“message”: “The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID … in your message.)”,
“type”: “server_error”,
“param”: null,
“code”: null
}
}

1 Like

I’m also facing the same issue. A lot of different error messages with gpt-turbo API. I’m using paid account and it says 3500 RPM. But after 2 or 3 requests i’m getting this error and a trail of other errors.

openai.error.APIError: The server had an error processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at if you keep seeing this error. (Please include the request ID in your email.) {
“error”: {
“message”: “The server had an error processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at if you keep seeing this error. (Please include the request ID in your email.)”,
“type”: “server_error”,
“param”: null,
“code”: null
}
}
}

basically the OpenAI server is throwing 500 error for a paid account.

openai.error.RateLimitError: That model is currently overloaded with other requests. You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID df5b79b2a14ae834b7c8a71c1b959665 in your message.)

Also i get the model overloaded error. This is not my account specific rate limit. After 2 or 3 calls, i get this error message. How am i supposed to trust the API service when it cannot handle requests for with a paid account

3 Likes

Same here, glad I am not the only one.

Getting the same error for the last 4 hours.

2 Likes

500 {‘error’: {‘message’: ‘The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID XX in your message.)’, ‘type’: ‘server_error’, ‘param’: None, ‘code’: None}} {‘Date’: ‘Tue, 23 May 2023 12:02:49 GMT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’, ‘Content-Length’: ‘366’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘access-control-allow-origin’: ‘*’, ‘openai-processing-ms’: ‘112’, ‘openai-version’: ‘2020-10-01’, ‘strict-transport-security’: ‘max-age=15724800; includeSubDomains’, '…

1 Like

I am getting the same error: : {‘message’: ‘The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID XX in your messag

I have the same problem every time is more often, what is happening

1 Like

Hi!everyone!

I’m facing the same situation in Japan.

1 Like

I have the same issue, only been able to make 3 requests in the past 6 hours. does anyone know how to resolve this?

1 Like

Yup same here. I’ve had this since todays morning until now

1 Like

Same here (french) since 2 hours… OpenAI Down ?

1 Like

Same problem when using stream=True or launching POST requests, calls succeeded more often when using openai.ChatCompletion.create() and no stream

True. Feeling the same here too. Its working sometimes and sometimes giving error.

2 Likes

We are continuing to investigate this issue.
2023-05-23_155344

May 23, 06:41 PDT

Time posted

UPDATE
That’s it, Open AI has published the failure,

Sometimes an error return, sometimes an empty return, on several API keys, no valid return for 2 hours and yet the statuses are apparently green.

{
  "error": {
    "message": "The server had an error while processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if the error persists. (Please include the request ID 3d88b4afee147c3d2b....................... in your message.)",
    "type": "server_error",
    "param": null,
    "code": null
  }
}

Problem still present even after performing the following actions:

• Reset api key,
  • Reboot,
  • Change account
  • Proxy

Stay tuned, I’ll update my post for news

3 Likes

I have the same issue as well, it works only 1 out of 10 times and then fails again :s

1 Like

Same problem here, tried using a VPN that wasn’t blocked, no luck. Tried using my own api calls from python and godmode.space, no luck. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I also tried using every model available, same results.

1 Like