No access to Chat GPT 4 API (curated topic)

So after the botched launch earlier this month, OpenAI put out this help article claiming they would get the API out to developers by “late July”: How can I access GPT-4? | OpenAI Help Center
So what’s the deal?

6 Likes

Same question. They haven’t posted or said anything about it. Weird…

2 Likes

Yes.They haven’t posted or said anything about it.

Also curious. I’ve got an app to serve :frowning:

3 Likes

its not stable so why do u need it anyway there working on making it stable like 3.5 cuz 4 is about 32.29% stable got to wait soon tho

I also spent >$1 on my api, but no gpt-4 api access now, how long do I need to wait?
Since today is August 1st, do I need to wait to the end of this month(then that’s insane)

3 Likes

Hi, I was in the waiting list for 4 months, but no invitation came. Instead of that, I heard that GPT-4 api would be avaulable to all users by the end of July.

But still I cannot setup GPT-4 api key.

Could you help me?

11 Likes

I also can’t access despite waiting excitedly for the end of July - would love an update!

5 Likes

Same here. Been on the waitlist since March. Both on the personal and company account. Everybody around me has access but I’m still waiting. What’s going on?

3 Likes

Also looked excitedly this morning, Aug 1, for gpt4 playground access and didn’t have it.

Is there an update on GPT4 for all?

4 Likes

Same here, no GPT-4 on the playground

2 Likes

Try this link, for some reason its “working” You dont have 4.0 in menu, but this works with link. I know its almost usless, but you can at least play on Playground :slight_smile:

When asking if the model used is gpt-4 it answers that it doesn’t, it displays gpt-4 but it’s not what model is loaded.

it dose not work,return The model gpt-4 does not exist or you do not have access to it. Learn more: How can I access GPT-4? | OpenAI Help Center.

@info182 I get an error when using this:

The model gpt-4 does not exist or you do not have access to it. Learn more: How can I access GPT-4? | OpenAI Help Center.

so it’s definitely not working for everyone yet.

Still doesn’t work in the playground. The link adds it to the menu, but I still get the unavailable response.

Are you guys specifying the model correctly in your request? It should be gpt-4-0613 or possibly just gpt-4 depending on the tool you are using.

Also, it takes them a little time to update all of the accounts. After I got the e-mail saying I had access it took a day before I could actually use it. I figure it had to probigate through a bunch of servers and took some time.

1 Like

I did not receive any invite from OpenAI about the access of GPT-4.

2 Likes

Same here, In addition to being a Plus subscriber, I’ve been using 3.5 Turbo in the playground for a month or so, and GPT 4 still isn’t showing up as one of the available models!

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting as well for the GPT-4 API. An update would be nice!

2 Likes