Monthly Budget Increase Not Reflecting in Project Limits

I’m experiencing a critical issue with my OpenAI account and need some help. Here’s a summary of the problem:

1. Increased Monthly Budget: I recently increased my organization’s monthly budget to $15 from $10.
  2. Issue with Project Limits: Despite this increase, my project X dashboard still shows 100% utilization of the previous $10 budget.
  3. 429 Error Code: The API for my development script is returning the 429 error code (Too Many Requests), indicating insufficient credits.

Steps Taken:

• I confirmed that the monthly budget was updated.
  • I double-checked that my script isn’t hitting the endpoint excessively.
  • I refreshed the dashboard, logged out and back in, and waited over 24 hours for the changes to take effect.

Support Interactions:

• OpenAI support suggested refreshing the dashboard, adjusting project limits manually, and waiting for the dashboard to update.
  • I attempted these steps but still faced the issue.
  • Support mentioned the error might be due to exceeding quota, org-level rate limits, or server overload.

Error Message:

Error generating speech: HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests
Response: {
  "error": {
    "message": "You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details. For more information on this error, read the docs: https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/error-codes/api-errors.",
    "type": "insufficient_quota",
    "param": null,
    "code": "insufficient_quota"
  }
}

Possible Bug:

The issue seems related to bugs reported by other users where credits are not being applied to projects, and there’s no way to change them.

Can someone please provide additional support or escalate this matter? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Projects have their own budgets, check there.

1 Like