I wanted to share with you all a new macOS app that I recently developed which supports the ChatGPT API.
The app, called MindMac, allows you to easily access the ChatGPT API and start chatting with the chatbot right from your Mac devices. You can ask it questions, have it tell you jokes, or just have a casual conversation.
As a truly native macOS app, MindMac is designed to take full advantage of the Mac’s hardware and software capabilities. This means that it runs smoothly and efficiently, without any lag or performance issues. Additionally, MindMac’s interface is sleek and modern, with a clean design that’s easy on the eyes and intuitive to use. Whether you’re a power user or a casual user, you’ll appreciate the speed and responsiveness of MindMac, as well as its elegant and user-friendly interface. So if you’re looking for a high-performance, native macOS app that looks great and works seamlessly, MindMac is the perfect choice.
One of the things I love about this app is how easy it is to use. You don’t need any coding experience or technical knowledge to get started. All you need to do is download the app, sign up for an OpenAI API key, and start chatting.
See what features are included in the list below:
- Support all ChatGPT models (GPT-3.5, GPT-3.5-16K, GPT-4, GPT-4-32K)
- Instant Inline mode. Use MindMac directly in any other applications. No windows switching.
- Customizable API endpoint and proxy. Support Azure OpenAI and more
- Conversation style control (More Precise or More Creative)
- Auto generate conversation title
- Usage information (tokens and cost)
- Light/Dark mode
- Prompt template library
- Occupation library
- Context control
- Fully customizable hotkey and shortcuts
- Favorite chats
- Chat history
- Chat folders
- Global search
- And more
You can find full feature list at here.
I’m continuously working to enhance MindMac, and more exciting features are on the way. Giving MindMac a try if you’re looking for a fun and easy way to chat with an AI-powered chatbot. It’s a great way to pass the time and learn something new at the same time.
Thank you for reading and hope that you all have a fantastic experience with MindMac!
Check our homepage | Follow us on Twitter
The app is fantastic! I tested it on my Mac and I’m thrilled with the convenient hotkeys and the Inline mode. I’ve actually purchased a license already. So, I do have a feature request: I kindly ask if it would be possible to add a global hotkey that allows for quick accessibility, similar to macOS’ spotlight.
PS: This comment was generated by the Inline mode.
Thanks for your compliment. Your requested feature is on roadmap and will be implemented soon. Again, thank you for your support. Hope MindMac can bring you great experience with ChatGPT.
Thanks, waiting for the update.
For someone interested in, MindMac is participating the Indie App Sale on July 11-12. It’s 33% Lifetime off with code PRIMEDAY2023. Only available for 2 days, don’t miss out on this incredible deal!
Looks awesome! Great job with the UI. I just realized I missed out on the coupon code, but I’ll definitely consider paying for the Pro version after I fully try out the app. I’ve tried many apps in the past, but this one seems to be the best one yet so far!
Thank you for your positive feedback. If you haven’t already purchased a license, you can now take advantage of our special offer. Just use the code WELCOME30 when checkout at https://mindmac.app/#pricing to receive a 30% discount on your first purchase. Just let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Hi all, MindMac version 1.4 is out!
MindMac is back with some exciting news! We are thrilled to announce the release of version 1.4, which comes packed with significant enhancements and fixes. Plus, for a limited period, new users can avail of a 30% discount on all our plans for the first purchase by using the promo code WELCOME30 during checkout. Don’t miss this opportunity to benefit from MindMac’s latest offering - give it a try!
Support Claude models
Support multiple API endpoints
Add unread notification
⌥ ↑, ⌥ ↓ to navigate question history
- Support Anthropic Claude models: Claude Instant and Claude 2
- Support multiple API endpoints and able to switch between them while chatting. Find more at Settings → Account → API Endpoint & Proxy
- Add unread notification with indicator in sidebar to monitor unread messages
- Add hotkeys Option + ↑ (⌥ ↑), Option + ↓ ( ⌥ ↓) to navigate question history while prompt editor active
- Add message information. Just hover on message and press information button
- Now you don’t need to restart MindMac after modifying keyboard shortcuts
- UI improvements: rearrange the toolbar buttons to improve visual appearance
- UI improvements: add Stop hotkey text in Inline loading indicator
- UI improvements: update API adding form and license activation form
- Fix issue hotkey Shift + Enter (⇧ ↵) cannot be used in other apps while MindMac is in background and Inline mode is off
- Fix issue app crash when press on submit prompt hotkey while using Inline mode
Kindly take a look at https://board.mindmac.app/b/features-requests if you have any suggestions or feature requests. Your feedback would be highly valued and appreciated. Thank you!
We are thrilled to announce the new release of MindMac: 1.6.0, which comes with several exciting updates:
- Introduced a new sidebar for improved conversation organization.
- Added support for previous versions of OpenAI models: gpt-3.5-turbo-0301, gpt-4-0314, gpt-4-32k-0314.
- Implemented the ability to modify the font size of code blocks.
- Enhanced overall performance of the application, resolving lag and unresponsiveness problems.
- Modified the accessibility permission prompt to only appear during the initial launch of the app.
Your feedback would be highly valued and appreciated. Thank you!