At present, users can only upload image files to MindMac in order to utilize the GPT-4-Vision model and ask questions about the image, such as extracting content or writing code. However, I am currently working on expanding the support to include other file types, including csv. Please stay tuned for upcoming updates.
MindMac - Better privacy-first, native ChatGPT app for macOS. New: GPT-4-Vision and Internet Browsing
I just discovered this application, this looks great so far. Adding Brave Search api would be nice. One thing I would like is the ability to add function calls. I use function calling for extracting data, not really for actually calling functions. It would be a nice to have. I will be purchasing shortly.
Thank you for supporting MindMac. Function calling will be added soon. Additionally, please follow the progress of adding Brave Search API at Add Brave Search API | Voters | MindMac.
I just released MindMac v1.8.20 to improve overall app performance and support image vision for Ollama LLaVA. Now users can upload images and use local model to ask something about them. New OpenAI models also are available on MindMac from this version.
Please read the full change log below.
- Enhanced overall app performance to provide a smoother user experience, including improved scrolling, faster search functionality, and seamless conversation switching.
- Added new OpenAI models: gpt-4-0125-preview, gpt-4-turbo-preview, and gpt-3.5-turbo-0125.
- Added a new Perplexity model: mixtral-8x7b-instruct.
- Introduced a quick action Diagram feature, enabling users to generate diagrams swiftly.
- Modified the left sidebar to remember the last state it was in when reopening the app, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Introduced an add button to the left sidebar, which appears when it is narrow, allowing users to create new conversations or folders conveniently.
- Enabled image vision support for the Ollama LLaVA model, allowing users to upload images and ask something about them using local model via Ollama.
- Disabled the unread notification feature by default to prevent unnecessary notifications.
Resolved the issue causing crashes when moving files into folders.
Let’s check it out at here and share your thoughts. Thank you all!
When will this be on the Mac App Store?
At this time, I do not have any intentions to submit the app to the Mac App Store due to Apple’s requirement to remove the Inline mode feature. However, I may consider submitting a lite version to the Mac App Store at a later date.
Happy Lunar New Year 2024. Wishing you success, good luck and good fortune this year of the Dragon.
Please read the full change log below.
- Introduced network proxy setting, allowing configuration of HTTP or SOCKS5 proxy for routing MindMac traffic.
- Added a new option to enable or disable auto-correction.
- Updated the menubar icon for better width conformity.
- Addressed a problem where the right sidebar showed blank fields in macOS Ventura 13.
- Fixed a crash triggered by adjusting the width of the left sidebar in macOS Ventura 13.
- Corrected an issue where the conversation title was not fully visible in certain situations.
- Resolved a crash that occurred when an API endpoint was deleted and a new one was added immediately afterward.
- Solved a problem where GPT4All returned an empty response.
- Resolved crashing problem when attempting to delete user messages or conversations while receiving streaming response.
- Fixed crashing problem during the cleanup process of conversations when launch the app.
- Fixed a problem where the message view would scroll up and down immediately after completing a streaming response.
- Corrected an issue where the summary line would display the incorrect context mode when switching between conversation and global profile.
Let’s check it out at here and share your feedback. Thank you all!