I wanted to share with you all a new macOS app that I recently developed which supports the ChatGPT API.
The app, called MindMac, allows you to easily access the ChatGPT API and start chatting with the chatbot right from your Mac devices. You can ask it questions, have it tell you jokes, or just have a casual conversation.
As a truly native macOS app, MindMac is designed to take full advantage of the Mac’s hardware and software capabilities. This means that it runs smoothly and efficiently, without any lag or performance issues. Additionally, MindMac’s interface is sleek and modern, with a clean design that’s easy on the eyes and intuitive to use. Whether you’re a power user or a casual user, you’ll appreciate the speed and responsiveness of MindMac, as well as its elegant and user-friendly interface. So if you’re looking for a high-performance, native macOS app that looks great and works seamlessly, MindMac is the perfect choice.
One of the things I love about this app is how easy it is to use. You don’t need any coding experience or technical knowledge to get started. All you need to do is download the app, sign up for an OpenAI API key, and start chatting.
See what features are included in the list below:
- Support OpenAI, Azure OpenAI, Anthropic Claude, OpenRouter. Google PaLM & Cohere are on the way.
- Support local LLMs via LMStudio, LocalAI, GPT4All
- Support all ChatGPT models (GPT-3.5, GPT-3.5-16K, GPT-4, GPT-4-32K)
- Support fine-tuned models
- Customizable API parameters (temperature, topP, topK, presence penalty, frequency penalty, max tokens)
- Instant Inline mode. Use MindMac directly in any other applications. No windows switching.
- Customizable API endpoint and proxy.
- Conversation style control (More Precise or More Creative)
- Auto generate conversation title
- Usage information (tokens and cost)
- Light/Dark mode
- Prompt template library
- Occupation library
- Context control
- Fully customizable hotkey and shortcuts
- Favorite chats
- Chat history
- Chat folders
- Global search
- And more
You can find full feature list at here.
I’m continuously working to enhance MindMac, and more exciting features are on the way. Giving MindMac a try if you’re looking for a fun and easy way to chat with an AI-powered chatbot. It’s a great way to pass the time and learn something new at the same time.
Thank you for reading and hope that you all have a fantastic experience with MindMac!
Check our homepage | Follow us on Twitter
The app is fantastic! I tested it on my Mac and I’m thrilled with the convenient hotkeys and the Inline mode. I’ve actually purchased a license already. So, I do have a feature request: I kindly ask if it would be possible to add a global hotkey that allows for quick accessibility, similar to macOS’ spotlight.
PS: This comment was generated by the Inline mode.
Thanks for your compliment. Your requested feature is on roadmap and will be implemented soon. Again, thank you for your support. Hope MindMac can bring you great experience with ChatGPT.
Thanks, waiting for the update.
For someone interested in, MindMac is participating the Indie App Sale on July 11-12. It’s 33% Lifetime off with code PRIMEDAY2023. Only available for 2 days, don’t miss out on this incredible deal!
Looks awesome! Great job with the UI. I just realized I missed out on the coupon code, but I’ll definitely consider paying for the Pro version after I fully try out the app. I’ve tried many apps in the past, but this one seems to be the best one yet so far!
Thank you for your positive feedback. If you haven’t already purchased a license, you can now take advantage of our special offer. Just use the code WELCOME30 when checkout at https://mindmac.app/#pricing to receive a 30% discount on your first purchase. Just let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Hi all, MindMac version 1.4 is out!
MindMac is back with some exciting news! We are thrilled to announce the release of version 1.4, which comes packed with significant enhancements and fixes. Plus, for a limited period, new users can avail of a 30% discount on all our plans for the first purchase by using the promo code WELCOME30 during checkout. Don’t miss this opportunity to benefit from MindMac’s latest offering - give it a try!
Support Claude models
Support multiple API endpoints
Add unread notification
⌥ ↑, ⌥ ↓ to navigate question history
- Support Anthropic Claude models: Claude Instant and Claude 2
- Support multiple API endpoints and able to switch between them while chatting. Find more at Settings → Account → API Endpoint & Proxy
- Add unread notification with indicator in sidebar to monitor unread messages
- Add hotkeys Option + ↑ (⌥ ↑), Option + ↓ ( ⌥ ↓) to navigate question history while prompt editor active
- Add message information. Just hover on message and press information button
- Now you don’t need to restart MindMac after modifying keyboard shortcuts
- UI improvements: rearrange the toolbar buttons to improve visual appearance
- UI improvements: add Stop hotkey text in Inline loading indicator
- UI improvements: update API adding form and license activation form
- Fix issue hotkey Shift + Enter (⇧ ↵) cannot be used in other apps while MindMac is in background and Inline mode is off
- Fix issue app crash when press on submit prompt hotkey while using Inline mode
Kindly take a look at https://board.mindmac.app if you have any suggestions or feature requests. Your feedback would be highly valued and appreciated. Thank you!
We are thrilled to announce the new release of MindMac: 1.6.0, which comes with several exciting updates:
- Introduced a new sidebar for improved conversation organization.
- Added support for previous versions of OpenAI models: gpt-3.5-turbo-0301, gpt-4-0314, gpt-4-32k-0314.
- Implemented the ability to modify the font size of code blocks.
- Enhanced overall performance of the application, resolving lag and unresponsiveness problems.
- Modified the accessibility permission prompt to only appear during the initial launch of the app.
Your feedback would be highly valued and appreciated. Thank you!
Hello all AI enthusiasts,
We are excited to inform you about the latest release of MindMac: version 1.7.0. This update brings several thrilling enhancements.
- Added profile feature that allows users to set API parameters globally or by conversation: API provider, model, temperature, topP, topK (for Anthropic Claude), presence penalty, frequency penalty, max tokens.
- Resolved the issue of invisible text when editing the Occupations Template and Prompt Template.
- Fixed the bug where input autofocus was missing when adding a new conversation.
We would greatly appreciate and highly value your feedback. Thank you!
Haa it’s great to be able to modify the API parameters!
Still can’t access the Internet? (via plugins or whatever)
Yeah Yannick, now customizing API parameters globally or on a per-conversation basis will be a straightforward task. Additionally, I have planned to implement the internet browsing feature here and will start working on it soon.
Hello all AI lovers,
We are thrilled to announce the latest release of MindMac : version 1.7.2. This update introduces numerous exciting enhancements.
- Enhanced the positioning of the code block copy button.
- Improved the text color of the “Apply” button in the Prompt list, Occupation list, and Context mode list to enhance visibility and user experience.
- Resolved the problem where code blocks occasionally display “undefined” for certain languages.
- Fixed the issue causing the application to crash when deleting a conversation using the keyboard shortcut.
- Resolved the problem with the context popover not remaining open when the context mode was set to either the last or first three messages.
We would greatly appreciate and highly value your feedback. Thank you!
Just stumbled across the app… Thank you for the awesome UI!
I think there could be a bug in one of the settings atm.
I deselected the option to “Display icon in dock", but now the tool bar at the top doesn’t recognize when MindMac is the primary selected app on the screen:
Likewise, selecting the icon from the tool bar and clicking on any option other than “check for updates” doesn’t do anything. ( I can’t paste a second image due to being a newly registered user)
The hotkey for opening the settings does work though
Thank you for your kind words and reporting the bug @eiteldagnin. Let me investigate more on this case. Hope you enjoy MindMac, and please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Exciting updates, MindMac 1.7.6 is here! Say hello to personalized outputs and enhanced UI/UX. This version brings a plethora of exciting enhancements.
- Introduce a new feature that allows users to customize the output preferences for both the global and conversation profiles. This includes the ability to choose the language, tone, style, and format for the responses.
- Enhanced the overall performance of the application.
- Decrease the minimum width of the sidebar to improve the overall layout.
- Reduced the margin of the input field for prompts to optimize space usage.
- Updated the color of the filter and sort buttons for improved visibility and aesthetics.
- Updated the color of folder and conversation icons for better consistency and visual appeal.
- Allow users to scroll upwards while receiving responses in stream mode to easily view previous messages. Please notice that macOS 14 Sonoma offers a more enhanced visual experience for scrolling animations compared to its predecessor, macOS 13 Ventura.
- Resolved the issue where the text caret would jump to the end when pressing Shift + Enter in the middle of a prompt text, specifically when using the “Enter to Send” feature .
- Fixed issue where prompt template was not inserted correctly in certain cases. The problem occurred when applying a prompt template once and then removing it using the Cmd + A command. Subsequent attempts to apply the same prompt template were not being recognized.
Let’s check it out at here. We would greatly appreciate and highly value your feedback. Thank you!
Hello, I installed MindMac a few weeks ago but I couldn’t see any use cases where I would use it instead of just going to chat.openai.com. Could you give me some reasons why I should use it? I am not trying to blast the product just wondering what some use cases would be.
Thank you for your question. I understand your point. If someone is seeking for:
- A variety of built-in prompt & character templates
- More organized conversations
- The ability to use ChatGPT directly in other applications (a.k.a Inline mode)
- Improved conversation parameters
- Output preference control
- Customizable hotkeys
- Quick cost usage estimation
- The option to use multiple LLMs (such as OpenAI, Azure OpenAI, Anthropic Claude, OpenRouter, or local LLMs through LMStudio/LocalAI/GPT4All) all in one place
Then, MindMac could be an excellent alternative to OpenAI’s website for their daily needs. You can check more MindMac features at here. My objective is to ensure that everyone has a fast and enhanced experience while using ChatGPT. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Exciting updates, MindMac 1.7.9 is available now! Say hello to new OpenAI models which just have been released yesterday: gpt-3.5-turbo-1106 and gpt-4-1106-preview. Please read the full change log below.
New users can avail of a 30% discount on all our plans for the first purchase by using the promo code WELCOME30 during checkout. Don’t miss this opportunity to benefit from MindMac’s latest offering - give it a try!
- Integrated new OpenAI & OpenRouter models including gpt-3.5-turbo-1106 and gpt-4-1106-preview.
- Introduced option to toggle MindMac icon in the menu bar for customizable display.
- Added option to show window from the menu bar if the option to hide the icon from the dock was selected.
- Added feature that allows users to add a custom model for OpenRouter or a fine-tuned model based on gpt-3.5-turbo.
- Added a toggle button in the toolbar to switch between markdown mode and text mode.
- Added a button to switch between markdown mode and text mode for each message by hovering on the message.
- Improved error handling by displaying clear error messages with detailed information when adding new API endpoints or new models fails.
- Sorted items in the output preferences picker in ascending order.
- Utilized SettingsLink to display app settings in macOS 14 Sonoma for improved accessibility.
- Fixed an issue where the response sometimes contained weird text chunks when the temperature was set near “More Creative”.
- Fixed an issue where the prompt list would show slowly when typing “/p” in inline mode.
Let’s check it out at here . We would greatly appreciate and highly value your feedback. Thank you!
I have just released MindMac v1.8.0. In this new version, I have added several new features for your convenience. Please find a comprehensive list of these additions below. Also, it’s the BIGGEST SALE SEASON of the year, then simply use the code BLACKFRIDAY during checkout to get 55% discount until Nov 30, 2023.
- Supporting DALL·E 2 and DALL·E 3 models for image generation, with detailed output preferences including quantity, quality, size, and style. Users can also enable auto save to store images permanently, or open generated images quickly in popular photo editors such as Adobe Photoshop or CleanShot X.
- Introducing the option to collapse long messages for improved readability.
- Resolved lag issue when pasting long text and typing in the prompt editor.
For those who are unfamiliar with MindMac, it is a remarkably user-friendly, feature-rich, privacy-focused, and exquisitely customizable native ChatGPT app designed exclusively for macOS. Currently, MindMac supports OpenAI, Azure OpenAI, Anthropic Claude, OpenRouter and any local LLMs via LMStudio/LocalAI/GPT4All, with the highly anticipated addition of Google Bard/PaLM & Cohere on the horizon. You can see more about MindMac features at here.
Let’s check it out and add your comment below. I would greatly appreciate and highly value your feedback. Thank you❣️