Lack of transparency in not mentioning the usage cap at the time of subscription?

Hi.

Help me out, maybe I am wrong.

I have browsed through many pages of the OpenAI site and there is no reference to what you buy exactly with ChatGPT Plus.

There is no reference to the limit of 40 messages every 3 hours in GPT-4.

In fact, I cannot do any browsing because GPT 3.5 Turbo is basically useless in that sense, even though I have subscribed to ChatGPT Plus**, since the plug-ins, now managed in GPTs, have also disappeared**.

While writing this thread I found only one reference, within a help center post that has nothing to do with Plus subscription as such, because it is in API, Text-to-text API, How can I access GPT-4?

The post explains, “ChatGPT Plus subscribers will get GPT-4 access on chat.openai[dot]com with a usage cap. We will dynamically adjust the exact usage cap depending on demand and system performance in practice. As of January 5th 2024, GPT-4 has a limit of 40 messages every 3 hours.”

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some message at the time of purchase that I didn’t see.

Otherwise, this lack of transparency seems very serious to me by OpenAI in selling the product.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Doesn’t that mean you can get a refund? That’s basic consumer law no?

I got the refund just a few hours ago. The refund is only available in EU, UK and Turkey. Fortunately, I live in Europe.

I did not ask for a refund because of lack of transparency and basically not even because of the 40 post limit. The service is unfortunately very slow compared to competitors, often replies are not generated and regenerations also affect the message limit.

Overall, I was not satisfied with ChatGPT Plus as a service and the GPTs created although educated, were of little use to me. The GPT Web Browser created by OpenAI sometimes would not even browse the Internet and I was the one who had to remind it to do so, wasting a message of the 40.