Kickstarter Announcement! Lights in the Old Fort: The Graphic Novelization

Hi everyone!

I’m wanted to introduce the Kickstarter Campaign for Lights in the Old Fort: The Graphic Novelization to the OpenAI Community. I’m beyond excited to bring this project to life, but with only 30 days left in the campaign, we’ve still got a long way to go!

I know I’m not the only one who’s passionate about using technology in innovative ways, and that’s exactly what we’ve done with this project. We used fine-tuned GPT-3 models to help us create a truly unique and captivating graphic novelization of based on nothing more than the SCRIPT of a podcast series, the classic radio drama, “Lights in the Old Fort: A Symphonic Mystery Adventure”

I understand that not everyone is familiar with this project, so I’d like to humbly invite you to check it out and share it with your communities who might appreciate a project like this. Maybe you know someone who loves graphic novels, or someone who’s interested in the intersection of technology and art. This project is a perfect opportunity to bring those two worlds together.

But, we can’t do this alone. We need your help to spread the word and reach our goal. If you know any media leads for reporters or journalists who might be curious about our project, we’d be grateful if you could pass it along.

I truly believe that this project is relevant to the OpenAI community, and I hope that you’ll agree. We’ve taken a classic story and given it a modern twist, and I think that’s something that everyone can appreciate.

So, if you’re interested in helping us bring Lights in the Old Fort: The Graphic Novelization to life, please take a moment to check out our Kickstarter page and see what we’re all about. And, if you’re able to help us spread the word, it would mean the world to us.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ambp/lights-in-the-old-fort-the-novelization

Tone Pettit and the Lights in the Old Fort Project

1 Like

Really love your video on the Kickstarter page! The music and character voices as the wind blows through the pages really brings the idea to life. Great work!

How did you create that book animation?

1 Like

Thanks! The video was created in After Effects from a template, and is completely computer generated. Sadly, there are no AI shortcuts in putting together this kind of video quite yet, so it took me several days of fiddling to get it just how I wanted.

Originally I hadn’t intended the book to be a graphic novel, but as I was compositing the video, I realized the images really deserved to be printed full page. It was like the perfect amazing cherry on top of an already mind boggling project.

The book itself, though, is far from finished, we’re still in the process of editing and generating images. Some of it is predicated on how quickly we reach our fundraising goal, so please help spread the word if you’re willing!

https://bit.ly/litof_novel