What on earth is going on? I’m spending more time solving incredibly hard captchas than writing promtps. Is anyone else getting this? It’s driving me nuts.
OpenAI implements captchas in ChatGPT to help minimize bot activity and spam which verify you are a human by presenting game-like puzzles.
At the bottom of each topic you might find
Related Topics. Often if the topic is a hot topic such as this one concerning
Captcha there are many related topics and sometimes they contain useful information. Also the Discourse Discord site may provide information not found on this site.
While I have never experienced this problem here are some options
- Disable VPN while using ChatGPT or at least disable ChatGPT access via VPN.
- Change browser to one not based on the same engine as Chrome, for example if you use Chrome try using FireFox or IPhone. (ref)
- Check ad blocker settings.
- Check your
- If MFA is enabled again, try enabling it. (ref)
- Try renewing your IP address to get a different IP address.
- Clear browser cookies.