Is the plugin available in the API?

I’m on the waitList, looking forward to it. I’d love to use a combination of plugins to give my users a fantastic Bing-like experience.

Will the plugin be available in the API, or is it only available in Playground?

I have built something alike a day after gpt-3.5-turbo came out with PHP.

[snip]

private function getWikipediaArticleName($messages): string
{
    $lastMessage = end($messages);
    $content = $lastMessage['content'];
    $prompt = "Suggest a Wikipedia article name for the following text:\n\n".$content."\n\n";

$response = $this->client->chat()->create([
        'model' => 'gpt-3.5-turbo',
        'messages' => [['role'=> 'user', 'content' => $prompt]],
        'max_tokens' => 3500,
    ]);

return preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9 \$]/", "", $response->choices[0]->message->content);
}

[snip]

public function getSummary($article): string
{
    $prompt = "Get a summary of the following text (not more than 500 words - but leave dates and names) :\n\n".$article."\n\n";

$response = $this->client->chat()->create([
        'model' => 'gpt-3.5-turbo',
        'messages' => [['role'=> 'user', 'content' => $prompt]],
        'max_tokens' => 3500,
    ]);

return $response->choices[0]->message->content;
}

[snip]

private function getWikipediaArticleSummary($messages) {
    $wikipediaArticleName = $this->getWikipediaArticleName($messages);
    $wikipediaArticle = $this->getWikipediaArticle($wikipediaArticleName);

return $this->getSummary($wikipediaArticle);
}

$wikipediaArticleSummary = $this->getWikipediaArticleSummary($messages);

$prompt = $message['role'] . PHP_EOL . PHP_EOL . "Here is some context from wikipedia:"
        . PHP_EOL . PHP_EOL .$wikipediaArticleSummary. PHP_EOL . PHP_EOL;

$prompt = $message['role'] . PHP_EOL . PHP_EOL . $message['content'];

$messages[$i] = [
        'role' => $message['role'],
        'content' => $prompt
    ];

Since plugins don’t give any more tokens I don’t really see the point in using them.

Just take your data and send it with the prompt (or better send it with a system instead of user prompt).

You may as well send CVs and job openings and let the model decide the fit for the role based on the CV.

1 Like

I am currently developing an open-source utility designed to interface with various plugins. You can explore the project and its progress here:

Although the tool is still in its early stages, contributions from anyone are highly appreciated and welcomed.

But I think the most interesting case would be to be able to make api calls with plugins that were not developed by you.

You made a resume plugin for wikipedia articles. Now suppose I am developing an education site in which certain study topics are associated with wikipedia articles, it would be great if you could make an api call with your plugin.

There would be a wide range of possibilities and development facilities if this is possible.