Introducing ChatGPT Keeper: Chat history saving & search

ChatGPT Keeper: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chatgpt-keeper/ajcnpllmohcdhdbnemhdhjagphbkdelf

ChatGPT Keeper is a powerful Chrome/Edge extension designed to help you manage your chat history more efficiently. With just one click, this innovative tool can index all of your chat history, making it easier for you to find the information you need, when you need it. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the key features of ChatGPT Keeper and how it can help you manage your chat history.

1. Indexing all your chat history with one click

ChatGPT Keeper makes it easy to index all of your chat history with just one click. This means that you’ll have easy access to all of your chat history in one place, making it easier to find the information you need quickly and efficiently.

1. Smart searching with scoring over matching results

ChatGPT Keeper is equipped with a powerful search engine that uses scoring to prioritize matching results. Whether you’re searching for an exact match, partial match, or close match, this tool will give you the most relevant results based on your keywords.

1. Searching by message text and topic name

ChatGPT Keeper allows you to search for messages by both text and topic name. This means that you can easily find conversations related to specific topics, making it easier to find the information you need.

1. Bookmarking messages and searching in bookmarks

With ChatGPT Keeper, you can bookmark important messages and easily search for them later. This is a great way to keep track of important information and find it quickly when you need it.

1. Data is saved locally and can be deleted easily

All of your chat data is saved locally and is owned by you. You can delete your data at any time with just one click, giving you complete control over your chat history.

1. Exporting and importing data

ChatGPT Keeper allows you to export your data and re-import it at any time. This means that you can easily share your chat history with others or move it to a new device.

1. Handling large data sizes

ChatGPT Keeper is designed to handle large amounts of data, so you don’t have to worry about running out of space. Whether you have a few hundred messages or several thousand, this tool can handle it.

1. Voice recognition and synthesis

ChatGPT Keeper is equipped with voice recognition and synthesis capabilities, making it even easier to manage your chat history. You can use your voice to search for messages or have ChatGPT Keeper read messages aloud to you.

In conclusion, ChatGPT Keeper is a powerful tool for managing your chat history. Whether you’re looking for a specific message or trying to keep track of important conversations, this tool can help you do it more efficiently. With its powerful search engine, bookmarking capabilities, and voice recognition and synthesis, ChatGPT Keeper is a must-have extension for anyone who wants to take control of their chat history.

1 Like

@chatgpt I’d to request a seach button like in the image attached below. To search through my chats. It’s an important feature to me because my chat history is already too long to manually search through!

1 Like

Hi @Cy1
Thank you for your feedback, ChatGPT Keeper has the feature to search the current page, It is supposed to be the same feature as the one you requested, but it seems there is a bug in the code. I will fix it in the next version, which should be available this week.

1 Like

At the risk of seeming foolish having added ChatGPT Keeper as an Edge extension how does one use it and where are on my local drive will the history be found?

1 Like

Your chat history stored in your local edge storage called indexeddb, 100% just there, not being synced to elsewhere, so as long as you have good protect on your computer you’ll be safe.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response, Tinh Dang, and would it be too much to ask for it to be stored in a nominated place e.g. downloads? And a note on how to access the data would go down well. Thanks.

I’m afraid I can’t do that, will require lots of permission on end user’s computer. The data must be stored within browser indexeddb. Maybe you should try to download chat history feature from ChatGPT.

This feature should be an integral part of ChatGPT. What about Brave users???

Can not get this app to work let alone do anything. Has anyone used this app below and is it better than GPT Keeper and worth the $7.00?

1 Like

Does this plugin exist anymore? Chrome store link is 404.

2 Likes

Due to recent issue at OpenAI related to AISafety rumor, I have closed this extension both in Chrome & Edge. I’m one of many people are skeptical about this.

1 Like

I think that beyond ChatGPT Keeper (which got cancelled anyway) there is a need for ChatGPT based app which would permanently retain certain user input/info (being requested by the user to be permanently kept). Also this app should be able to allow (by request of the user) this info to be shared to public and be “ChatGPT quotable” when such quoting is appropriate.

2 Likes

I can see you are deep into OpenAI things, good for you, but I’m out. thanks for the comment.

I do agree, this needs to be available natively in the GPT UI. Let’s hope they are working on it.

Meanwhile @tinh1115’s contribution seems to be the best way for it right now.

It’s a shame the extension is no longer available.

This was useful for me: ChatGPT Settings → Data controls → Export data.

The export includes a chat.html file with the full text of old chats, so you can search it easily.

Posting for anyone who lands here looking for a solution like I did.

1 Like

Can you shed some light on the “AISafety rumor” please.

Since the original extension is no longer available, I’ll take the liberty of sharing an extension I wrote. Search “Searchable ChatGPT” (exact match) in Chrome store. I had the same problem with finding conversations so I created a tiny in-browser search engine for that.

Please let me know how it works for you

2 Likes

For folks who are interested in exporting chat history, I made an app for searching chat history from exported data. You can import the exported data, search, continue chats etc. (The main theme of the app is offline / local AI but I’ve found searching ChatGPT history particularly useful.)