Images in chat make link creation fail

can anyone explain why this thread started in March and it’s still going on? Anyone have the actual technical reason? i have a 4 hour coding chat with one tiny pic that i should never have uploaded. I had to log out and get on the desktop app for some other api nonsense, and of course the chat has no clue what i am talking about and i can’t upload or link it :rage: :rage: :rage:

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue. Is there a reason why the developers have not yet taken any action? A response for such a common use case is not too much to ask I hope…

Same issue here. Any updates on the fix?

Same here. Enclosed an image in the beginning of conversation and can’t create a link anymore

“Failed to copy link to clipboard - could not create link”

Same problem here. Would love an update – this is kind of restrictive…and seems to have been going on for awhile.

1 Like

Same problem here. “Failed to copy link to clipboard - could not create link”

Same issue here as well. Users should be issued credits for instances of this error. Its been ongoing since before March. Rather than adding new features please resolve critical bugs.

Seems to relate when including uploaded images within the conversation.

“Failed to copy link to clipboard - could not create link”

1 Like

Up!
I agree with @ryanvart

For being a paid product (I pay plus), the support given here is a shame…

1 Like

Same issue here…dumb problem.

If you’re trying to use the API to reference the previous context, you can stop reading this and disregard entirely lol. Not that it’s ideal - or implying this shouldn’t be fixed - but, depending on the length of the original convo, you can always copy its text, paste it into a new one, then prompt it to summarize - making sure to remove any redundancies, unnecessary blocks of code, etc - and then use the summary to front-load the context.

And tbh, I’ve found taking the extra time to summarize first, makes it more concise, anyway, and ensures the AI is getting only what’s necessary and/or relevant to the task - and not all those little redundancies and random side-prompts and thoughts, that usually come with a novel-length, window-breaking convo (effectively a guarantee for me lol).

1 Like

It appears maybe all of their focus has now shifted towards irresponsibly chasing AGI, with an understanding that none of this shit will matter in 6 months upon releasing whatever it is they’ve got in the oven lol. :rofl: