So has your problem been solved? I have started using Chat gpt in april, every day and today i got the message that i reached the gap… i’m paying thought…
Ok here is the issue and some solutions:
If one account is capped from an IP all other accounts coming from that IP will also be capped until your cap is removed.
Options per GPT4 (tee hee ) :
If you can control your network settings:
- Use a VPN: Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) can mask your IP address by routing your internet connection through a server located elsewhere. This could potentially help if the service you’re using has IP-based restrictions. However, some services also have VPN detection and might block access from known VPN IP addresses.
- Use a Proxy Server: Similar to a VPN, a proxy server acts as a middleman for your internet connection. It can hide your real IP address and use its own instead. There are many types of proxies (HTTP, SOCKS, etc.), and some might work better than others depending on the specific circumstances.
- Use a different network: If possible, consider using a different network for the two accounts. For example, you could use your home network for one account and a mobile data network for the other.
- Dynamic IP: Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) offer dynamic IP addresses that change over time. This can often be accomplished by resetting your router, but the specifics depend on your ISP.
If you can’t control your network settings:
- Use a web-based proxy service: There are many online services that allow you to route your web traffic through their servers, effectively acting as a proxy. This could allow you to use a different IP address without installing any software on your computer. Please note that such services can have privacy implications, as your web traffic will be routed through their servers.
- Use a browser that has a built-in VPN or proxy: Some browsers have built-in VPNs or proxies that you can enable in the settings. For example, the Opera browser has a built-in VPN. Keep in mind that this may not work if your workplace has restrictions on installing or using alternative browsers.
- Use a portable VPN application: Some VPN providers offer portable versions of their software that don’t require installation. You could potentially run one of these from a USB drive. Please note that this method might not work if your workplace has restrictions on running software from external devices.
- Use a cloud-based virtual desktop: Services like Amazon WorkSpaces, Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop, or Google Cloud’s Compute Engine allow you to run a virtual desktop in the cloud. This could potentially allow you to circumvent IP-based restrictions. However, these services usually require a subscription and may have additional costs.
OK here is another option if you are using microsoft edge:
- Go to the “…” in the upper right
- Select settings
- Select the “Privacy search and services” option on the left
- Scroll down to the bottom of the security section just above the services section
- Turn on "Enhance your security on the web
- Select “Manage your security for sites” below that
- next to “Always use enhanced security for these sites” select Add a site
- Type in [*.]openai.com then click add
This will stop them from being able to see your IP address and blocking you from using your paid subscription. I can’t imagine how many issues this has caused in some workplaces. My gosh.
I have had the same problem since Friday 7/7
I got the same problem, “You’ve reached the current usage cap for GPT-4.”
I have the Same Problem When I am Creating [tricksgang] Sites, please give a permanent solution. thank you. openai.com 1
I also had similar issue with chatgpt 4 I just recently purchased a subscription and just made a few post for my website see (). Did you find any solution?
I had same issue : email@example.com
Hi everyone, encountering with similar issue on GPT 4 version, I write a post on instapro for my website which is show as low value content? Please help me to fix this issue!
When I signed up for ChatGPT Plus I was told GPT-4 may slow down but not turn off. This is upsetting, especially falling back to brain-dead Dory in GPT 3.5. Sorry but GPT-4 is so much better.
" You’ve reached the current usage cap for GPT-4. You can continue with the default model now, or try again after 3:12 PM. [Learn more]"
I also just got this again for the first time in months. Why? I am paying for this service.
It’s normal, subscribers to the Plus version can only send 50 messages every three hours
Just had this exact issue today. Somehow used my GPT4 even though I am clearly in GPT 3.5 for what I’m working on. Kind of weird and unexpected.
Hi @ahazard, welcome to the forum
That seems concerning if you haven’t used GPT4 and your usage is up. I would try some basic troubleshooting, like logging out and a different browser etc.
If that doesn’t work, my next step would be to ensure your account is secure, change your password, and enable 2FA.
I haven’t reached the GPT-4 cap.I still can’t use the GPT 4 anymore, even though I pay for it… It can’t generate a response.
Sometimes, I can’t even use Chat GPT 3.5. I talked about it to a friend who uses chat GPT Plus too. I was surprised to discover that he too, encounters the same issue…
Same thing is happening to me today. They keep showing me Chat GPT beta and when I go to log in, they say that they are at capacity. I am paying for the upgraded version, so I expect to be able to use 4. Solutions?
same here! I thought it was a temporary problem but it has persisted. Now I am having trouble to use the “voice chat”.