I cannot see the Bing search (web browsing) beta feature in GPT 4 UI anymore

I was working with web browsing feature on GPT 4 till today morning, but after an expired session I cannot find the web browsing option available anymore. Its not even showing beta feature tag in setting & beta on lower left side of web interface.

web browsing toggle is not available anymore…is it happening for anyone else also?

8 Likes

I am having the same issue! It was a great feature, I need it back lol.

2 Likes

Same here. What happened to this? Looks like I could still use the function when I make additional inputs to the previous queries with the Bing Search activated.

3 Likes

same question as you, i can not see web browsing option but can use it in previous queries

3 Likes

I’ll share my situation with you. I used the option very well, and it worked perfectly with my Microsoft account. About a month ago, I received an alert that my account was blocked due to suspicious activity, and I couldn’t recover it anymore. OpenAI’s customer support is non-existent. I had to create a new Chat GPT account, this time using my Gmail. I paid for Plus again, and now it’s not working. Please comment if you are experiencing this issue with a Google or Microsoft account

3 Likes

For me the previous web browsing threads throw errors now…And my web browsing search was against policy then they could’ve let me know instead of removing the feature. I also dont remember asking anything more than just cricket news to see difference between 3.5 and 4. I am just trying to experiment the GPT 4 platform and now i cant do that even

2 Likes

Hello,

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
I subscribed to ChatGPT Plus, and my web browsing option has disappeared since Monday, but it is visible on my phone.

What is happening?

3 Likes

In my opinion, I think it’s a bug on OpenAI’s end . The feature disappeared from my windows devices, but I still have access from my iOS device. I’m not sure if it has something to do with windows or the web version, but for now I think the only way to access the feature is to download the app. I could be wrong, but this is all from what I’ve seen.

Hopefully OpenAI could fix this problem, as the feature was pretty useful in my opinion.

2 Likes

I noticed that the web search feature is only available on my phone but not my laptop. Seeing how this is an issue for others, it’s most likely a bug.

2 Likes

Like most people here, I’m having the same issue. I can’t see the option to search with Bing in my GPT 4 dropdown. It disappeared on Monday. I do have the option on my iOS device still… Here I was hoping that I could use the combined Search with Bing/Dall-E3/Advanced Data Analysis in a single chat session like some on YouTube seem to have access to…

same issue I can’t see the option to search with Bing in my GPT 4 dropdown. It disappeared on Monday

Same here! Plus user here and only have the dalle3 option. I do not even know what that is. But I would live to have the search option back.

I have the same problem… Any solution? Browsing with Bing was a great feature.

1 Like

It seems like it’s a bug , or they are rolling out different features in stages for plus users. I also read on a blog that sometines some features are rolled out for iOS users earlier, but I can’t be sure of credibility of this post I read. Anyways, its most likely technical error from the platform.

I am able to see “Browse with Bing” Back in my UI in drop down menu… so it started working for me again after a week

1 Like