How I use GPT3 in my Art

My number one goal in life is to see more AI artists.
Art, society, and AI are tightly intertwined, and AI artists have a lot to say about art and education. And artists of all mediums can benefit and learn a lot from machine learning art. So whether you’re exploring machine learning or artificial intelligence, or you’re an artist (of all mediums), or you’re just interested in how art is changing, or you want to experiment with making your own art,
read on:
How I use GPT3 in my Art

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing this.
I have recently been spending a lot of time using VQGAN+CLIP and also StyleGan3.
The progression of this art piece resembles the former instead of the latter.
(I may be entirely wrong.)

Regardless, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts and processes.
I’ve created some classes/methods that allow me to change the parameters during training.
Another aspect I’ve been taking is changing the start_image and end_image while maintaining the current image. Undoubtedly, stochastic results appear. However, there is a fine line between ‘good’ random and ‘bad’ random.

One of the many flaws I have is a lack of experience concerning Memory management.
I don’t know enough about the model’s 'inner-workings. I find myself creating quite a few errors that are difficult to troubleshoot.

On a final note:
I believe modifying the Sinc(x) function and the interpolation process would change the output drastically.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thanks for your comment, @gtcline182. Yes, you are right, video is VQGAN + CLIP,
GPT3 generates the text,
link attached to the post: How I use GPT3 in my Art explains how I use GPT3 alone.
I use different tools alternately.
Experimenting with different classes/methods brings exciting effects. The sky is the limit : )
I wish you a great AI Art generation
Best!

2 Likes

Thanks for your response @Datasculptor. I will message you personally.
I would love to see more of your work.
I thoroughly enjoy making Art with these tools.
I have done several things with music in the past. However, AI has allowed me to expand on visuals more than I previously could have imagined. It is quite a unique experience.
I’ve been able to use my creative and technical side concurrently (which has not been possible in most endeavors I’ve attempted.)
It feels like I can write two stories at once.
(Although, the quality might be less compared to one at a time.)

2 Likes

Joseph Beuys. “Every Man is An Artist”

Data Scientists must think like an artist when finding a solution when creating a piece of code.
Artists enjoy working on interesting problems, even if there is no obvious answer.
I am pleased to communicate with you @gtcline182

1 Like

Molto interessante!
Sono critico e curatore di AI Art, ora mi studierò i tuoi lavori.

2 Likes

Ennio Bianco,
Grazie molto per il tuo commento! Sono contento che ti sia piacevolmente interessato alle mie opere. Mi piacerebbe leggere il tuoi commenti su altri lavori d’arte.

Trovi i miei articoli (in italiano) su EspoArte (www.espoarte.net) e su Arte-go (www.arte.go.it).
Se mi mandi la tua email personale posso darti un elenco altrimenti vai su “cerca” e li trovi.

2 Likes

Hello, my partners and I are developing an AI powered platform for small business owners to easily and affordably establish their brands and market their products. Because of your experience in using GPT-3 visually, I’d love to have your perspective on how we might develop a customized visual ID component of the platform. Perhaps we could collaborate on building it if we see a way. Would you be interested in having a conversation?

Best,

• Ray

Hi Ray,
sure! (DM)
Best.
DG

Cool, how about a call noon Mon 7 at noon ET? If so please email me at ray@bbloqs.com I’ll send a Zoom invite. Looking forward, - Ray