How can I get the most out of chat gpt 3.5

As a newcomer to ChatGPT 3.5, I’m eager to make the most of my experience. While I’m aware that I can use it for basic questions, problem-solving, and proofreading documents and emails, I’m curious about unlocking its creative potential in simpler terms. I’m quite proficient with computer navigation, but I wonder if there’s something I might be overlooking when it comes to maximizing the capabilities of OpenAI.

Specifically, how can I prompt GPT to explain images, generate images, or take an initial idea and develop it into a logical concept suitable for my workplace?

Hey there and welcome to the community!

how can I prompt GPT to explain images, generate images, or take an initial idea and develop it into a logical concept suitable for my workplace?

DALL-E and GPT-Vision access (attach a file and have it do things) is currently limited to a ChatGPT-Plus or higher subscription. At that point, you should be able to prompt it directly as you normally would.

In terms of taking an initial idea to concept, that is one of the great powers of this tool imo. It’s a great brainstorming tool.

Consider an approach like refining your question: ask questions, have it provide some feedback, and then iterate over those responses to create a feedback loop. Essentially, you want to go from big picture question, figure out what needs to be done to achieve that query by asking the model, verify its responses, and then slowly but surely scaffold your understanding and detail of the idea until you have something fleshed out and executable. Treat it like a brainstorming partner!

1 Like

This is great, I appreciate the info. Thank you!

1 Like