How can I differentiate examples with actual data in GPT-3 for summarization?

Hi guys, I am trying to summarize set of reviews by customers and make a GPT-3 bot that can answer the questions asked by the user about the data. But the problem is that GPT-3 is even considering examples I have given in the prompt for prompt engineering. Can someone please help? been trying since a week and haven’t been able to achieve that.

1 Like

No the thing is I want to summarise the reviews in a Q&A based form. So like a user can ask a question to GPT-3 and GPT-3 will summarise based on the question asked like “What are customers saying about the food service?”

So I gave it an example which contained small set of reviews and a question sample with answer to make it understand how i want it to answer.

But when I add the new set of reviews in the prompt and ask a question it is considering the reviews from examples as well. Any way to stop the model from doing that?

Agreed with @m-a.schenk that a specialized endpoint like Search would be a great use-case for this. If you’re using the regular Completions endpoint, you’ll want to ensure that there’s a clear separator between examples (e.g. “###”).

2 Likes

Try this out, swap out reviews or questions for the last one…

Review: (3/5) After I bought it, the seller took ages to ship it and it arrived broken a few weeks later. After numerous messages they agreed to exchange it for a new one, but not exactly the kind of service I’m looking for.
Q: How was the shipping?
A: Seller was slow to ship, and probably packaged poorly too.

Review: (5/5) This is one of the most fun products I’ve ever owned, everyone should have one. Endless hours of entertainment.
Q: How was the shipping?
A: Didn’t specify.

Review: (4/5) I was a little skeptical of all the claims at first. But I thought, what the heck, why not try it. Sure enough, this tool is amazing. I use it all the time! I often even carry it with me just in case I need it. I’ll be buying a few more as gifts for my family members. If I have one complaint it’s that it’s a little expensive. Otherwise a 5 out of 5.
Q: Any downsides to this product?
A: Just a little expensive.

Review.: (0/5) If it was possible to leave a negative number for a review, I would. This seller is a scammer. They ship product with tracking and then it arrives but it’s a piece of cheap garbage, and not what you ordered. They then deny that they sent you the wrong thing, and refuse to refund your money. Not only a hassle but now I have to find it from a another seller and order all over again.
Q: Is the product as represented?
A: No, it’s a scam, they ship the wrong product on purpose.

Review: (4/5) It’s a great book, enjoyed it a lot. I read it cover to cover in just a few days. I’d definitely order more books by this author in future.
Q: What’s genre is this book?
A: Didn’t specify.

Review: (5/5): Great product, fast shipping. USB camera works exactly as advertised, no drivers required. A+++
Q: Is it plug and play?

3 Likes