AI Scrum Assistant for Jira - AI Generated Acceptance Criteria & Test Cases

AI Scrum Assistant for Jira is a tool for Agile teams that generates user story content, acceptance criteria, and test cases based on the current Jira issue.

Our scrum teams were struggling with defining clear and testable user story requirements within the limited time blocks we had with product owners and stakeholders. Often, we’d spend 15 minutes discussing requirements and end up with just a couple of vague sentences for a single story.

So I had a crack at it with GPT-4. It quickly processes the user story description and generates acceptance criteria in about 15 seconds. The coverage is impressive, as it thinks of aspects we might not consider until later in the conversation (if at all). It sometimes suggests criteria we don’t need but being able to quickly remove a couple of points and move on to the next story is so much more efficient.

Integrating this tool into Jira enables you to efficiently review user stories, allowing for the completion of more stories with consistent and clear output in the same timeframe.

Some examples:

Congrats on your launch. Best of luck!

2 Likes

What are the limitations? Seems like it can only work for small amount of text, not tables, or able to skip through links

1 Like

Hi Sharma!

So the app is limited to text input right now. When I first implemented it, there were some issues with the API latency, so the response was pushing Jira’s timeout limit. If I go beyond text, I have to take into consideration the time it takes to parse images/links and then get the GPT-4 output from those. If a user includes many links, it will take a while to parse through them and send the response in time.

However, I’ve got some QoL improvements planned to get around the timeout issue, and add more flexible functionality (including image and link processing). I’m the only engineer on this project so it will take some time to test but I’m going to incrementally roll out some new features over the coming weeks/months.

Since I originally wrote this post we’ve made quite a few updates to AI Scrum Assistant (previously GPT for Jira) including:

• UX and Performance Overhaul: We’ve overhauled the user experience to make it seamless to integrate this solution directly into your Jira issue.
  • Enhanced Customization: You now have the ability to select specific content types to generate, including user story descriptions, acceptance criteria (with options for rule-based or BDD formats), and test cases.
  • Improved Contextual Understanding: The integration now has better context on your Jira issues for more accurate and relevant responses. This upgrade significantly enhances the app’s ability to support your development process efficiently by analyzing your whole Jira issue and not just the description.

You can try it for free here: AI Scrum Assistant | Atlassian Marketplace

If you have any feedback or feature requests please let me know!