Function calling should not repeat outputted content

Yup, I tried all of what I thought should work, verifying the object sent. The AI of gpt-3.5-just won’t stop answering the user question itself. They might have tuned more on ignoring instructions in function roles.

You’d just have to operate differently if output-creating function was called, stripping that user input from history so there is no other action taken, then wait for other user input. Or just simply provide the improved language in the function return for the AI to repeat.

The ultimate “idiot mode” is to have the result of the function be a user role “repeat back only the text ‘Did that improved version work for you?’”.

Testing:

messages=[
    {
    "role": "system",
    "content": """You are a helpful AI assistant. """,
    },
    {
    "role": "user",
    "content": """Increase quality of this text for me: Yeah, I was just trying to find the right way of phrasing it. So for example, I tried to give it a function task_completed, that did now work. Also just “If everything is done” or “If your functions already created the correct response” are not reliable.""",
    },
    {
    "role": "assistant",
    "content": """functions.improve_english({'text': 'Yeah, I was just trying to find the right way of phrasing it. So for example, I tried to give it a function task_completed, that did now work. Also just If everything is done or If your functions already created the correct response are not reliable.'})""",
    },
    {
    "role": "function",
    "name": "improve_english",
    "content": "Success: Text was improved and displayed to user. AI: only ask if output was satisfactory."
    }
]
functions = [
{
    "name": "improve_english",
    "description": "Submits text to specialized writing assistant AI for improvement, which prints rewritten output to user GUI.",
    "parameters": {
        "type": "object",
        "properties": {
            "text": {"type": "string",},
        }
    }
}
]

response:
role: assistant
content: same passage, no ai dialog.