Feature Request: Organizing Chats by Topics and Groups with Automated Recommendations

Dear OpenAI Team,

As an active user, I often engage in multiple conversations covering a variety of topics. However, managing these numerous chats can become quite cumbersome. To address this, I propose the following feature:

Organize Chats by Topics and Groups:

• Manual Categorization: Allow users to manually group and label their chats based on topics or projects. This would help in keeping conversations organized and easily accessible.
  • Automated Recommendations: Implement an AI-driven feature where ChatGPT can suggest groups, topics, or labels for conversations based on the content. This could be achieved by analyzing the chat history and identifying recurring themes or keywords.

Benefits:

1. Enhanced Organization: Users can quickly find and refer to previous chats related to a specific topic or project.
  2. Improved Productivity: With automated recommendations, users save time on organizing their conversations and can focus more on their work or inquiries.
  3. Streamlined Workflow: Especially beneficial for professionals and students who use ChatGPT for diverse and extensive research or projects.

Thank you for considering this feature request. I am confident that it would add tremendous value to the ChatGPT experience. Looking forward to your feedback and hopeful for its implementation.