Error: "An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help. openai.com."

I’m also thinking Cloudflare might be the cause. Because if you open up the debugger, open network tab, and send a chat message to ChatGPT; you’ll see a 403 Response to your POST Request.

1 Like

Me too. In fact, I’ve always been using Firefox.

1 Like

Yeah… Definitely would be the last resort for me. :sweat_smile:

I delete the chat history on the left side of the page then it works fine.

This message is so irritating. How can OpenAI have the smartest AI in the world, yet have such a broken buggy website? It pops up this message and then I have to copy my request, reload the page, and paste it back in or my request will be lost.

1 Like

Disabling Nord VPN threat protection fixed it for me

3 Likes

I had the same problem. I deleted VPN extension from the Chrome and it helped me to solve it. I hope it will help someone. I think Elon Musk don’t like VPNs, because site doesn’t work at all if my VPN turned on

Yes, NordVPN was my issue too. Disabling the Threat Protection got everything back up and running.

To disable NordVPN Threat Protection, open the NordVPN app and click on the shield icon on the left side of the screen. Then toggle the Threat Protection switch off

1 Like

Quitting VPN solves the issue if you have installed VPN. If you are having the “An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”

I fixed it by uninstalling Nord. I also had this issue since I registered on ChatGpt. Uninstalling Nord VPN helped me fix it. :face_with_monocle: :neutral_face:

I’m accessing ChatGPT from work PC and hit the same error. Like others, I’m able to use ChatGPT on mobile phone and home PC without any issue.
First taught it could be due to company securities which would have closed Chat ports. Asked in OpenAI Playground and answer for ChatGPT port was 2050. Later probing at playground got answers to whitelist certain IP Addresses. Done that as well and yet the problem persist.

Heyy guys, im just sign up for the new account for minutes ago and have the same situation, but i have a method to resolve this error that you can try. You just need to accessing incognito tab then login your account again, and you will use chatGPT smoothly without that error.
Bonus: this is an answer of chatGPT when i asked how to resolve this issue that you can refer
To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check your internet connection to make sure you have a stable and fast connection.
  2. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
  3. Restart your browser or device.
  4. Try accessing the chat platform from a different device or browser.
  5. If the issue persists, you can contact the OpenAI help center at help.openai.com for further assistance.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue and allow you to chat with GPT without any difficulties.

1 Like

The issue was resolved for me by closing my VPN. Even disconnecting from the VPN didn’t fix it, I had to completely close the program, which is very weird, but it fixed it.

1 Like

Iam having the same problem with google chrom
so i used microsoft edge and it works again

I also just encountered this issue, maybe refresh the page works.

I had the same problem, notebook it didn’t worked anymore on phone fine. I tried also nearly everything, for 1-2 weeks… Than I paid for the ChatGPT Plus and surprise!!! It worked right after again…

If you are using a VPN with incorporated WEB protection, you need to deactivate the WEB protection and for me it did work.

This happens to me consistently.
My workaround isn’t great but it does get me going instantly.

Simply refresh the page
Fn + F5

Its not pretty, sometime youll lose the last prompt+ question you entered unless you copy it
But, it allows me to continue.

1 Like

I found a temporary fix, keep changing the search engine. It worked for me

I am a premium member, they send me the link, but nothing works even on any other browser, i did not usev vpn

An error occured, please contact the administrator. (ChatGPT error 500: {
    "error": {
        "message": "Internal server error",
        "type": "auth_subrequest_error",
        "param": null,
        "code": "internal_error"
    }
}
)

my api key also was removed from my user and it returns me this error, also i am unable to access the site even with my login premium link they send me, is there anything I can provide to improve the platform with more feedback and gain access to my 20$ paid subscription?

now says: Failed to load subscription for selected organization