Error: "An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help. openai.com."

Cloudflare doesn’t trust your network. This is 1 of 2 things.

Turn off private relay. (apple+ users)

Turn off VPN (or whitelist this URL)

This worked for me! Thanks!!

Found a solution! Once I disabled Thread Protection on NordVPN the issue got solved.

1 Like

Tried all the antivirus, firewall, vpn, firebox blah blah blah to no avail. My solution was different.

I just needed to updated my presets to use davinci 3 instead of 2. Looks like 2 will no longer work.

My assumption was the text prompt I entered may have violated some sort of rule base

I disabled threat protection in NordVPN, cleared all cookies and browsing history in Google Chrome, restarted the laptop, and … it worked!
Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

I had a similar issue in every browser that I tried. My solution was to edit my proxy server settings so that the proxy server was disabled. Afterward I was able to run it with no issues.

For those having this issue, I disabled Threat Protection for NordVPN and it worked for me too. I didn’t need to clear any cookies, restart etc.

1 Like

Just do ctrl F5, empty your memory; that will be ok

1 Like

I have a issue , when i command anything it says"!
An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com"SO fix this

For me on Mac, I solved this by disabling my ad block (incoggo)

In my case the problem was caused by having an open Fiddler on my machine which was actively capturing traffic. As soon as I closed it and refreshed, everything was working again.

I have the same issue " An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com. "

Same issue How to solve this?

Use Firefox… issue solved automatically

1 Like

Yup, same here! Thank you

1 Like

I had the same issue, for me it was simply nord VPN interfering somehow. I tried pausing it but that did not work, then I just exited the program completely from background and it did the trick, everything works fine now. Hopefully this helps someone.

For me it works when I temporally disable my antivirus (Kaspersky). After a few minutes paused, ChatGPT doesn’t throw that error anymore.

The same problem for me: “An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”

I am using Chrome on Android 13

So far I see no answer from OpenAI representative :worried: to any of us that raised this question on this thread and I sadly believe we will not get an answer.

Just tried Firefox, still doesn’t work for me

1 Like