Enable more than 3 plugins?

(Question out of curiosity, no immediate support needed)

It seems that a max of 3 plugins can be enabled at the same time, and users have to manually select the plugins.

Is there a plan to have all installed plugin enabled for users by default? Or dynamically select plugins based on context?

As an aside - would love a public roadmap to track/add feature requests :smiley:

I am sure they will be rolling out ability to activate more than 3 plugins. The main reason to limit it to 3 seems to be level of complexity it can create. From example Zappier itself does role of multiple plugins so I found that it gets confused most of the times when I am using another plugin with another similar function that zappier actions can do.
In that case I need to explicitly tell which plugin to use.

The issue right now is that the context length makes this not possible, you canā€™t enable them all in the current setup. Who knows what the future holds though!

3 Likes

I am just disappointed that OpenAI does not state ā€œMAX 3 enabled pluginsā€ limitation upfront BEFORE people sign up & pay for GPT Plus.
As for the too many plugins confusion argument ?, just including ā€œuse x pluginā€ at the start oneā€™s prompt appears to work reliability.
Be well,
JTS