Domain Validation - Moving custom GPTs from my Personal to my Business

I had a custom GPT published with my personal account. I upgraded to Team and am trying to validate my domain but even after changing the TXT record in my DNS, I get the error:
Your domain could not be verified: The domain ‘xxx dot com’ could not be verified because it is already verified by another organization. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.
I did try help.openai.com but no luck so far.

I just fixed it. I must have associated not just the individual GPT with the domain. I saw a reference to the domain name in my “Builder Profile” for my personal account. I removed it and all is working.

Well, maybe this will help someone in the future.
Cheers!

1 Like

In case someone has the same problem as me and I can’t find where to delete the verified domain — you must first click Verify domain, and then you will see it:

Hello,

I have the same issue, but unfortunately after i migrated all the old chats, I cannot access my old profile in order to remove the old domain verification.

Anyone know how to get past this?

Regards.

I have the same problem. I can’t access the old account, as it was upgraded to the teams account. I updated the DNS record but same thing: Your domain could not be verified: The domain ‘MYDOMAINHERE’ could not be verified because it is already verified by another organization. Please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

In my case, it appears that when I added the domain in my personal GPT, it automatically created a global setting that was not obvious. I found it by clicking my account, then “Settings & Beta” “Builder Profile”. I deleted that and all was good.

Hope this helps!

Still experiencing this issue after team upgrade & merge. I can add new subdomains but my primary domain did not move over.

‘Your domain could not be verified: The domain ‘’ could not be verified because it is already verified by another organization.’

Hi all

Have you resolved this issue after merging your Plus account into Team account? If you do the merge there is no way to go back in to your personal account to delete domain verification so what I can do now…?

PS:
https://help.openai.com/en/articles/8801890-can-i-migrate-or-merge-my-chatgpt-free-or-plus-workspace-over-to-my-chatgpt-team-workspace

There was any warnings that domain verifications are not transfered nor warning that you should delete your domain verifications before merging the accounts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.