Discriminatory against people with sight disabilities

Dear OpenAi Team,

I am writing to express my concern regarding your human verification “quick puzzle” which is discriminatory against people with sight disabilities. I recently spent 30 minutes trying to solve this puzzle, but was unable to due to my medical condition. I find it unfair that I am unable to access your services simply because I am unable to see.

I understand that human verification is necessary to prevent spam and bots, but there are other ways to do this that do not discriminate against people with disabilities. For example, you could use a text-based challenge, or a challenge that can be solved using audio or haptic feedback.

I urge you to reconsider your human verification process and make it more accessible to people with disabilities. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely, Volodymyr

1 Like

Dear OpenAI Team,

In addition, I would like to request an update on how you plan to address this issue. As I mentioned in my previous message, I believe that the implementation of your policy is against US and EU Law.

Specifically, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the European Accessibility Act (EAA) both prohibit discrimination against people with disabilities in access to goods and services. This includes online goods and services.

I urge you to take immediate action to make your human verification process more accessible to people with disabilities.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with an update on your progress within two weeks. Thank you for your time and attention to this important matter.

Sincerely, Volodymyr Nechyporuk-Zloy

Dear Elmstedt,

Thank you for suggesting that I use the OpenAI Help Center to find a solution to my problem. I appreciate your assistance.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an opportunity to share my request in the Help Center. The process of selecting and matching from a set of 5 images is very difficult and time-consuming. I spent 30-40 minutes trying to complete this task, but I was unable to do so. I found this experience to be quite frustrating and humiliating.

Is there another way that I can contact OpenAI Support to share my request?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely, Volodymyr