Creating a chatbot for robotic system failure

Hello ,

I need a help for creating a chatbot for a robotic system to analyse failure mode analysis of a system. I would like to use python and chatgpt. Could anyone guide me how i can proceed ?

Hi and welcome to the developer forum!

Can you share a little more about your project? Is this for your work, or a hobby project? What kind of data do you have, Do you think a Language model is the right solution, have you coded before? Help others help you by giving us all some more information about what you hope to achieve.

Hello,

I am student and am working for my research project.This thesis intends to employ a ChatBot to identify potential robotic system failure mechanisms, serving as a foundation for ongoing risk assessment. We have a franka emika robot. Yes I know coding. But I don’t have much idea about this now. How to proceed. Could you please help me with this ?

You could create a RAG system like this general layout pictured here:

For the “Search Relevant Information” box. You would use embeddings, keyword correlations, Regex pattern matching, or all the above.

For the knowledge sources, you would use your own stored knowledge on how to troubleshoot something.

But I am a little confused when you say you want it to “identify system failure mechanisms”, because this information would have to come from outside of the AI system, which I am assuming this is you.

The chatbot is only as smart as what it is fed, and you have to feed it the information, since it is unlikely that the training data had much info on this type of robot.

For example, GPT-4 only knows high level things, nothing detailed:

Failure mechanisms for the Franka Emika robot can be categorized into several areas:

1. Mechanical Failure: This includes failures due to wear and tear of mechanical components, breakdown of servo motors that control robot motion, failure of the robot’s gripper to hold or release objects, etc.

2. Electrical Failure: This could be due to faulty wiring, failure in power supply, malfunctioning of sensors, and other electrical components.

3. Software Failure: These could be bugs or glitches in the robot’s control software, which might lead to anomalies in the robot’s motion or performance. Unsuccessful implementation of machine learning algorithms can also result in software failure.

4. Environmental Factors: Franka Emika robot might fail to operate in extreme environmental conditions such as high temperatures, excessive dust, moisture, strong magnetic fields, etc.

5. Communication Failure: This includes errors in the communication between the robot and the control unit. Any failure in the wireless communication can lead to loss of control, delay in operation, etc.

6. Design Failure: A poorly designed robot can result in frequent breakdowns and inefficient operation. This could include improper weight distribution, unsuitable material selection, etc.

7. Human Error: Incorrect usage, maintenance, programming, or handling of the robot can also lead to …

This is where you come in.

2 Likes

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I will check on this