Create ai assistant of an app react

Hi, I have a web app developed in react, I would like to implement a chatbot for users using chatGPT. I would like to create an assistant that only responds to issues related to the app, I was wondering how can I instruct it to uitlize the app? there is no sitemap to pass to it being an app in react and I was wondering what are the best practices for this issue

Thanks

1 Like

You probably want to have an automatic process to create the sitemap and a summary of files whenever you compile / push a new version. Then make this content available to the assistant either as retrieval (works so so) or directly inputting it as appended to the instructions or a message in each new thread. This is a bit of a brute force approach.

A higher-effort alternative is to give the assistant a function to browse its own files and build the handling to get the content of those files and share that with the assistant when it requests it.

Ref: https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/tools/function-calling

thank you for your reply, a web app with react does not have a sitemap, it is a page that works with javascript dynamically, I would like to understand if there is a way for the assistant to learn how the app works so that it can help users in difficulty. I had thought about handwriting documentation on it and uploading the file to use the assistant with as retrieval tool

What I refer to is creating that same documentation automatically rather than manually. You can have a script run whenever you push code to list the files that exist (so yes, not a sitemap, but filesystem map). You can also iterate on each file and use another LLM to generate a summary per file. You can have a resulting document that lists all files and their uses.

Ok I see what you mean, I was hoping there was a more immediate solution by passing the code directly, however it is a good idea, thank you

1 Like

I was able to make the exact samething you are taling with this github project https://github.com/marcolivierbouch/OpenAssistantGPT. I added to my prompt: Only reply to question related to SUBJECT and it works well!