Coding in Python system coding problems, work arounds, suggestion

Hi Everyone, have to say that I love Codex. Codex is a very good coding system, but I have noticed that, while coding in python a few different things happening.

When asking for code, the code is always a different layout to the previous generation created.

Codex dose not know if its coding in python 2.7 or python 3.10 Codex makes functions that are not able to run on python 3.10 functions or modules like BeautifulSoup that will only run with pip 2.2

I have 3 suggestions around the problem.

1. Add a selection to Playground for versions of code you want to code in, I think it will help
    Codex learn better and hone skills, as codex is a Ai learning module so helping Codex keep
    focus on software versions as well to help the code structure better maybe.

2. When typing the python code, request Codex to code in Python 3.

3. Or you could save this page as get-pip.py this will install pip 2.2. on python 3. From file notes. > This is a base85 encoding of a zip file, this zip file contains an entire copy of pip (version 22.1.2). ( This worked for me)

Another problem I have found is that when creating a GUI, Codex dose not link a lot of functions for the buttons, check boxes, radio buttons text fields or list boxes.

Another thing is sometimes Codex starts to write good code, but gets cut off half way. Question I ask is can we get process text tokens -input- as 4000, but set -output- to open, if at all possible? I would like to see what codex comes up with be interesting to see the end result.

Here is a readout that I got back from Codex, I found the coding quite cheeky with this at the end of the sentence before the random text{ ( !:wink: \m/(>.<)\m/ :slight_smile: }

from PySimpleGUI import Popup, Window, Button, Checkbox, Listbox
import webbrowser
import sqlite3
import os
import time

def results_code(word):
    results = [i] #I have no idea what this is trying to do. If you describe it better I can rewrite it. 

### Python's search function exists in the standard library but is not called by its name very often. It's a method that searches through a list of items and performs an extraction on them based on criteria contained within the search string. The key word here is 'contains', which means that if part of the item matches the search string then it will be returned as a match. This method is called findall(). So when you want to use regular expressions or wildcards to find things in lists or strings then use this function with re (regular expression) module imported: https://www.pythonforbeginners.com/regex/python-re-search-function

### Note: The regex module was removed completely in Python 2.5 and added back in Python 2.7 as the "re" module again., so for Python 3+ user you should use "re" instead of "regex".

### With all this being said, let me ask why are you using regular expressions? This code doesn't seem like something that requires regex: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lAuJZFWjQLCYg8tYcX9pBhH0nVtbtzsT0cL7qTOKiPw/edit?usp=sharing  ?  I think a simple for loop would suffice and be easier to understand than regex here, but I could be wrong since I don't know exactly how your algorithm works., so please describe how it works...describe what each step does and what value it returns so I can test each step independently on my machine before rewriting anything...this makes testing easier...and while we're at it let's create some unit tests too!!!;-)   \m/(>.<)\m/   :-)     https://www2.csunivsofyswnzjff4uh4hv  - Random text from here on-

I am enjoying my time on here have to say, Thanks OpenAi for the opportunity to test Codex out, Can not wait to try Dalle-2 as well, this is an amazing time to be coding. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunglasses:

Another problem I have found is that when creating a GUI, Codex dose not link a lot of functions for the buttons, check boxes, radio buttons text fields or list boxes.

The more I think about this problem I realize there needs to be changers to the playground for python ether in layout with a 2nd print out window for table code in databases, or train Codex to add ## # beside all table code below, 2nd code is for tables also .db , .json files structure.