ChatGPT4 Access (August 1st)

For me this also has not worked as hoped (thus far). I cancelled my plan about two weeks ago and still can only select “Start billing plan again”. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

It would seem that the ability to create a pre pay account by removing the old payment method has been removed. Please reach out to help.openai.com to request assistance with this, or try to create a new account with a new email address.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the help! I created a new account and now it works.

Greetings

1 Like

Was able to resolve my payment plan issue after 12 days of no access to ChatGPT and a broken production system. They must have rolled out a fix.

As of today I got my first bill for $0.50 and now have access to GPT4.

A tip. You will need to generate a new API key otherwise GPT4 will not work and you will get a 404.

400: InvalidRequestError: The model gpt-4 does not exist is what you’d get.

I got Error: Request failed with status code 404

I wrote to help.openai.com, so I can report on my experiences: As I expected, they just gave me the links of the same old outdated webpages that we already knew (hiding in a bunch of other irrelevant text about general API information). But this time I went into the subpages and discovered that now it is possible to buy credits even from a normal billing plan, no need to change plan. I did it and this instantly gave me access. Fantastic…