chatGPT on top of Amazon Alexa

Hi @sono_matteo, any plans to recertify spanish skill?

1 Like

Hello @sono_matteo ,

thanks for the update. Maybe just adding the OpenAI Moderation API could help.
I write you an email.

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

Hello Matteo,

Here’s my email. Happy to help, for a few language checks.

Best regards,
Roland

1 Like

Hi @rolandschuetz thanks for the help. Sorry but I cannot get your email. I see in your post the symbol of the mail but I cannot get the mail…Probably a fault on my side.
Please, if you have time, send me an email at revolutionary.voice.2020 @ gmail.com
I basically send you a sentence in german with a filter, I would appreciate if you give me your opinion. That’s all.
Regards
Matteo

1 Like

Hi @norberto.soriano , I have a plan. If you have time, please send me an email at revolutionary.voice.2020 @ gmail.com
I’ll send you a sentence in Spanish with a filter, I would appreciate your opinion.
Matteo

1 Like

The Italian skill has been postponed of another two weeks. I received this news today.

1 Like

IDEA #1: Emotion - adding a personality
I’m ready to release a second type of skills:

Emotional Shell is an Alexa skill that detects and conveys emotions (joy, sadness, anger, fear, surprise, disgust) to the user in response to their interactions.

Emotional Shell is a prototype application to convey emotions dinamically to the user as a response to user interactions. It connects to a Large Language Model (made by OpenAI) able to perform emotion detection (joy, sadness, anger, fear, surprise, disgust) and renders an emotion though Alexa postprocessing.

User: <<I’m very happy today>>

I added a couple of features: a quality of service of the system, as detected by a new algorithm (different from the ‘Oracle of Light’) and visual feedback of the words where Alexa should change the pitch (highlighted in red now, later I’ll add a color code for each emotion just for debug).
It is available only for english speakers in the following locale: US, Canada, Uk.
I myself cannot use it in my Alexa device, I can use it only in my developer console!

Amazon replied to me telling me that it is possible to invite some beta tester to try my skill. If you want, you can join my skill as first user.
Amazon sent me back to answer my question:
<< Beta testing allow you to share your skill before you release your Alexa skill to production for a limited set of users. Skill Beta Testing for Alexa Skills | Alexa Skills Kit >>
If you are interested, you should provide me with the email that you use for your amazon account for Alexa. Send me an email with it at
revolutionary.voice.2020 @ gmail.com
I will let you know mine, if you need to build trust.

What I see from my alexa console is this:

I think your account would be added there, so that you can use the skill with your account.
Let me know if interested, I can add you to the beta testers. I never tried this mechanism, so there might be some glitches or potentially it could not work.

I can’t wait to use the API to connect to the Instacart plugin!

I confirm that the English skill ‘oracle of light’ is in status ‘Removed’. I will write more later.
I tried the beta testing feature with the new skill ‘emotional shell’ but the beta testing seems not working on real device ( like the Astro robot or Echo). It seems more related to test on the Alexa App. I have placed some questions on the Amazon forum to clarify those issues.

1 Like

I recently discovered your Oracle of Light skill - thank you so much for developing this. What a shame it’s been removed. I really hope you manage to overcome their filter issues and get it reinstated.

2 Likes

Hello @michelle.hardy thanks for your support. The Oracle will be back. I’m working on it.

3 Likes

What happened to the Oracle of Light Skill to use for my Astro Robot?

1 Like

Hello @we2smart thanks for stopping by.
The Oracle of Light is under scrutiny. I have submitted it to certification a couple of days ago.
Now it offers a monthly subscription at 2.5$ (+tax). I cannot sustain the cost longer.
The ‘emotional shell’ has been released and it is available here:
USA: https://www.amazon.com/Revolutionary-Voice-emotional-shell/dp/B0BZQFCW63/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=31W19JIZ4BXVY&keywords=emotional+shell+alexa+skill&qid=1680159345&sprefix=emotional+shell+akexa+skill%2Caps%2C235&sr=8-1
Uk: Amazon.co.uk: emotional shell : Alexa Skills
Canada: Amazon.ca: emotional shell : Alexa Skills
It is a free skill able to manage ssml tags to convey ‘emotions’ (ah ah ah I’m working on it. Make sure the Astro robot gets a virtual beer before using it). It is a prototype, I need to work on the system variable and roles because I’m not satisfyed. It’s a decent start. There is a Graphical User Interface where the section of the sentence in which Alexa changes the pitch and tone is underlined in red. That’s to provide feedback to the user. If you detect some ‘bugs’ or you are unsatisfyed by a specific ‘emotional scenario’, please write me the sentences that got you in there. I’ll rework the skill.
Possible ‘emotional scenarios’ :
Some examples to start with

User: “I’m very happy today”
Alexa: “bla bla e then will say something to change the voice”
And then
-I’m very happy today
-I feel sad
-I’m scared
-I’m surprised
-I’m so angry
-it sucks
The completion of the LLM is a sentence in which a portion of words is in red color and Alexa changes the pitch and tone of its voice.
You can try also
“Tell me a story”
Alexa starts. Then you enforce her saying “Use dialogue”. The characters will start talking. Then next you say “use ssml tags” and at that point it will change the pitch in the story.

Take a picture of your Astro with my skill on top of it and share it with us.

1 Like

I made some improvements to the Emotional Shell:
-ask “Tell me a story with dialogue” and now it works better (hopefully).
I added also the command to ask GPT to speak faster or slower or normally.
E.g.: ask “speak faster” or “speak slower”

2 Likes

User: Tell me a story with dialogue
AI: -prosody rate=‘medium’ pitch=‘medium’-Alice, being curious as ever, decided to follow the rabbit. They went through a rabbit hole and emerged in a strange and magical land.-/prosody–break time=‘500ms’/–prosody rate=‘medium’ pitch=‘low’-“Where are we?” asked Alice. “This is Wonderland,” replied the rabbit.-/prosody- Shall I continue?

1 Like

The skill ‘oracle of light’ is back, at the same link: Amazon.com: oracle of light : Alexa Skills
It has a Graphical User Interface and offers a monthly subscription with a 2 days free trial period to support my Alexa skill development. You can Activate Advanced Mode and get the history of conversation, longer answers and more. @we2smart Please try it on your Astro.

2 Likes

Hello, nice to see that its back, is it available in the U.K does amazon take the monthly subscription, also just wondering again if its chat CHAT GPT3 or chat GPT4

1 Like

Hello @mysticoz good to hear you back.
The link in the UK amazon site is
Uk: Amazon.co.uk: oracle of light : Alexa Skills
Yes, it offers a subscription. I hope I can cover the costs (past, present and future), but it is difficult to make the right estimate.
It has a Graphical User Interface and offers a monthly subscription with a 2 days free trial period to support my Alexa skill development. You can Activate Advanced Mode and get the history of conversation, longer answers and more.
I’m using chatgpt-3.5-turbo. I’ve tried it also with GPT4 but this chatbot skill can work very well with chatgpt-3.5. It is also cheaper (for all…). I have a plan to use GPT4 on a different skill, image based. I hope I can get into it.

2 Likes

Hello sono,
yes it sounds great ill subscribe soon nice to have 3.5 turbo great stuff

MysticOz :dizzy:

1 Like

The skill „Orakel des Lichts“ is back, at the same link: Amazon.de: orakel des lichts : Alexa Skills
It has a Graphical User Interface and offers a monthly subscription with a 2 days free trial period to support my Alexa skill development. You can activate the advanced mode (in German you have to say Aktiviere den erweiterten Modus) and get the history of conversation, longer answers and more.
A big thank to @roland for his support on the filter.
I want to let you know that chatGPT is under scrutiny in some European countries and it could be possible that I have to remove the skill if the local authorities there decide to ban chatGPT (like Italy).

1 Like