ChatGPT not working for the past 2 days

Just wanted to share still experiencing this issue - tried all browsers

history gone
I’ve been downgraded to FREE Account

and on other computers if i log out - i cant log back in placed in waiting list (DO NOT LOG OUT)

I have also emailed support no response

and now waiting ,
Just wanted to share my experience and good to know im not alone in this

2 Likes

My monthly payment went through this morning, and the exact same thing happened to me in the afternoon. :melting_face:

1 Like

I have the same problem for the last 3 days. I cleared my browser cache and deleted the browser history. Nothing is working :frowning: I wanted to buy the premium subscription but with the comments I read, I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

Nice to know it is not my fault. Same same like all here. Have to wait. Tried a lot of VPN including US, no change.

yes j’ai fait cette erreur je me suis déconnecté ce matin pensant pouvoir me reconnecté juste après mais non !! depuis c’est le blackout !! je ne peux plus y acceder d’aucune manière !!

I have this issue, but funnily enough when I log onto my work account, I have the option to upgrade without issue…

ChatGPT doesn’t make prompts for Midjourney anymore. It even doesn’t know what Midjourney is. It says everytime that his recent data is from September 2021. Anyone has the same problem ??
I tried it with version 4 en 3.5

Exact same problem as OP, although with my personal account everything works fine.

The only difference I can think of between the two is I’m pretty sure the account that isn’t working I created before it was necessary to verify a phone number.

But I see no way to add a phone number to verify the account now.

same problem. History gone. And cant buy a subscription

is chatgpt a big scam to make people pay this £20 upgrade and then shut down the server at a profit… i can load onto the platform or upgrade to plus, this happened to cryptocurrency and coins were set up bought and the company fold and take profit… could this be the same with CHAT GPT!!! im starting to think so…

No. It’s clearly a bug effecting a minority of users, both paid and unpaid.

interesting fact: if I login from 2nd account I haven’t any problems and can buy a subscription. When I coming back to my main account its still same bug

1 Like

Not good enough for a service that you pay for. It’s not as good as they say it is. Server shouldn’t go down at all. They should be prepared for high traffic usage

OpenAI tweeted that they completely shut down ChatGPT on Monday due to this history issue. The solution that helped me was to just create a new account with an email and then buy the premium version. Since then I haven’t had any more problems!

A bit strange though. I logged in using a friend’s credential and for him everything worked.
Same browser, same country. I think it’s something else

I have the same problem here. :slight_smile: I bought a Plus by 20 march.

I have the same problem here. :slight_smile: I bought a Plus by 20 march. Still offers upgrade. Chat was not working until yesterday.

I mean they probably are prepared but the problem is they aren’t prepared for this ammount of high traffic. The ammount of people using chat gtp are far off anyons expectations, and setting up new datacenter and making a system like this work perfectly is not exactly like going to the local shop and pick up a new computer. Give them time they will fix everything.

But this should have been expected. You can’t tell me that they didn’t expect this to happen. Haha.
They invested billions into this. The running costs alone are in the Millions per day. You just don’t get things for free. It was a taste of chat gpt and now it’s all be slowed down to make you buy the best model of it. It’s either that or it’s a big scam.

No I absolutely can but you got exactly the problem. They were expecting huge traffic, so they invested billions into this, the running cost is in millions per day and even so it was not enough.
Is super common when systems like this are set up. A company makes them for expected traffic, and sometimes the predictions are wrong and the data centers are not enough. You can’t possibly expect a company to be prepared for unlimited traffic or to be able to do prediction of traffic being precise at 100%. They will always overshoot or undershoot and between the two they will choose the option that damages them less both from an economical point of view and an image point of view. OpenAI doesn’t have any competitors so they don’t care about the image, also because their image now is of a company that is putting out a groundbreaking techonology that will change the world how we know it. They will not lose clients just because they go down for a couple of days, people will just be glad when they will be up again. The proof of this stays in the fact that both premium users and normal users were affected by the same problems. For sure then some things will become payment options because and here I quote your previous message

They invested billions into this. The running costs alone are in the Millions per day.

and those money have to come from somewhere.