ChatGPT GPT-4 not working

Whenever I ask GPT-4 a question, it stays stuck on generating a response and then gives me the error “Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.” I tried creating new chats and using different devices. GPT-3.5 works fine, however. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

9 Likes

Same here. It’s been like that since this morning.

1 Like

same here, for me it’s more than 24h, since last night, I don’t know why I paid for chatGPT plus, it’s useless.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing the same problem with GPT-4 all weekend, no responses generated whatsoever.

1 Like

Same for me, and I’ve been waiting for more than 4 days. The problem is that while the subscription is still running, I can’t use GPT-4. Unfortunately, they also haven’t responded to the support email, and under these conditions, I’m not going to renew the subscription.

1 Like

Same for over 48h. Anyone has any idea if they are even aware of this issue? There seems to be no way to contact them.

1 Like

Same story(
Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

1 Like

Yup. I just tried logging in and it shows “Our systems are a bit busy at the moment,
please take a break and try again soon.” I don’t know why I decided to pay $20 for plus either. Shit is fucking useless.

3 Likes

Now it letting me in, but gpt 4 still not working…
Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.strong text

its been like this for 48 hours now, sort of ruined my weekend

I’m having this problem too. 3.5 works but 4 doesn’t. I’ve tried logging out and logging in. I’ve tried using both my existing model 4 chats and tried starting new chats, and neither one works.

Why does OpenAI tell us to go to a page to report problems when there is no way to submit a report or talk to a human on the link it even gives me?

This is very disappointing. The least they could do is actually tell us what’s going on.

Same here, a bit disappointing considering I pay the $20 specifically for access to gpt4. I tweeted at them, though I do not expect a response.

I totally understand your frustration with Chat GPT 4. I actually had a similar problem recently where it just wasn’t working properly. After some investigating, I realized that I had accumulated a ton of chat history in the app, which could have been causing the issue.

To fix it, I went through my chat history and deleted any messages or conversations that I didn’t need anymore. It was actually kind of cathartic, to be honest! And it worked! After deleting the old stuff, Chat GPT 4 started working like a charm again.

So, I would definitely suggest trying this as a potential fix for your own issue. It could be that your chat history is bogging down the app and causing problems. If you’re not sure where to start, just go through and delete any old or irrelevant conversations.

Not 100% but its worth the shot.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

1 Like

Update: after 4 days, they finally “noticed” there were problems with GPT-4, and put a message on the website.

Fortunately, GPT-4 works again for me now

We are having a lot of login issues even with the paid Plus account.

1 Like

Same here. I cannot log in with a paid Plus account too.

same here, with the plus is failing but in the free its ok.

same here with same issue

Our systems are a bit busy at the moment,
please take a break and try again soon

and me too…

Oops!

Our systems are a bit busy at the moment,
please take a break and try again soon.

you had to pay to use gpt 4? or are you reffering to something else?