ChatGPT 4o Voice Feature Not Working

Not working here either, any device, any browser, any model.

1 Like

Same here, i have subscribed to this from back then and when 4o was annouced, i wanted to try out since it was amazing from the videos, so i tried it out, meh…nothing special except it was much faster and accurate, but the voice… Nope, nothing like what was on the demo. came across a post it be available in weeks time, so yea a pinch for us . dont know if anyone realize this, but Sky the voice is also missing. turns out theres a tabloid stating a suitcase on Sky the voice was similiar to Scarlett Johanson’s voice. Any truth in this though?

2 Likes

Still need to wait several weeks though.

1 Like

We’re stuck with the juniper voice also, which is so bad….they need voice options like Pi has…

All those who subscribed to Plus just before May 13th and before June 13th will receive it, otherwise many will not renew ; )

Its almost end of May. In the official announcement, they said in the next weeks in will be available to Plus users, if Im not wrong. Still no GPT4o voice or video functions are here. Is there any delay? iOS. Switzerland. Thanks :pray:

Uh yeah so basically what happens is I press the headphones icon and it just sits there saying “Connecting” but never connects and for the 1 in a 1000th time it does it takes my voice but doesn’t process it. It was working perfectly fine yesterday but today it just doesn’t work.

I’m using Android from the Middle East.

1 Like

Mine also was not working. i subscribed a week ago since i saw their conversational video on tiktok. and then i got the refund since i cant seem to connect. now again this day i subscribed for premium hoping that the problem got solved already. but still nothing.

1 Like

Same it’s been like this
Since I tried it
Normally use the chat on the web
But the iOS app goes blank
If the feature doesn’t work hide the button maybe ?

Same issue here. The app shows the “GPT-4o” but the model is GPT-4, just like before!

1 Like

It’s June already. Still neither voice nor video features of GPT 4o were enabled for Plus users. Is there a problem? Thank you :pray:

I think they will wait maybe after the apple wwdc to release the new voice feature

1 Like

The full features will be rolled out in the coming weeks; some users will receive the update sooner than others.

2 Likes

infinite spinning “connecting” wheel since the launch of 4o, previous to that made hundreds (yep) of chats (incidently with ‘sky’ — yep, not a new thing as it can seem by the recent issues surrounding it, has been around since late '23) with no one problem, never had a single unsuccessful (!) attempt to connect to it… crazy how for me it went from perfect to completely useless—no middle ground… a reflection of our times? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still nothing. iOS, Switzerland.
Let’s see after WWDC today!

Still nothing in Italy, not even after the WWDC …

Yeah, we can all agree we have all been lied by marketing bullshit. They just wanted to get our attention when Google released their new products but all we know is that their youtube videos may be fake, until proven otherwise.

I have bought a smartphone a few weeks back thinking that the conversation 4o was available but I got fooled.

I think we professionnals should start seeking for alternatives, more reliable solutions, we can’t depend just on chatgpt.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Gemini is light years behind GPT 4 omni, as well as Copilot and Galaxy AI.
Im using Macs since 90s and iPhones since 2007 so I welcome the collaboration of the best software and hardware on this planet and can’t wait for Apple Intelligence incl. OpenAI’s tools such as Sora and GPT 4o.
Yesterday, OpenAI community manager told me that GPT 4 omni voice and video features will not be released until end of the year so we’ll need to wait a bit more.

On July 10, Samsung will also present some new hardware.
Still, the Galaxy AI is not an alternative and a ring will not change that.

1 Like

Hold up based on rumors is the backend hardware the new blackwell chips to support the user base. So its just a matter of time :slight_smile: haha I laugh at some of these comments. It will be here soon enough than you will forget this wait ever existed. I do though agree that the marketing of in the coming weeks should be updated to month(s) haha.

1 Like

I keep updating this thread on weekly basis to see how many “weeks” they were talking about :smiley: