Hi, this is a frustrating issue, it leaves me having to race to copy + paste the output before it suddenly disappears and the conversation is lost.
I understand that the session needs to expire after a while, but 5-10 minutes is not enough. It should at least keep the output on the screen despite any session expiry.
Steps to reproduce:
- Disable Chat History & Training
- Send one or more messages to ChatGPT
- Click away from ChatGPT into another tab or app
- Wait about 5-10 minutes
- Click back to return focus to ChatGPT
- Observe that the chat is completely cleared
I will add that sometimes the issue doesn’t occur, but for me it clears it more often than not. Since the latest update with the “attach images” feature it has reduced the frequency slightly but it still occurs.