Chat Gpt 4 gives ‘Network Error’ after 80% of generation

Same issue with me, tried literally 20 times and the fun part is 20 different answers every time. Now this is getting funnier when it never happened on the free version but is happening on plus :3 wow

1 Like

What has worked for me when coming across this error is telling it to output the first half, then second half afterwards.

1 Like

The same happened to me… My history also vanished and most of the time i face Network Error issue for each try or chatGPT is at capacity right now.

Estou com o mesmo problema com meu chat GPT-4. Além disso, não consigo acessar o histórico da conversa. Sem contar que o limite de palavras ainda é péssimo.

1 Like

I have found a temporary solution and that is to tell ChatGPT what you want and then paste this “Generate the response in 2 parts, when the first part is finished, ask me “Are you ready for the 2nd part?” and wait for me to write “OK” Just like that, continue with the second part.” the parts is already a matter of each one.

2 Likes

El mismo problema desde ayer, no me carga correctamente el historial de chats y las respuestas me las corta por network error, o peor aun me da respuestas incompletas y cuando le pido que me complete la respuesta me devuelve la anterior

Alguno sabe si es un problema general o es solo de algunos usuarios?

Hola, es un problema que le ocurre a todo el mundo, debe de ser un problema de saturación, prueba a hacer esto, es una solución temporal y es decirle a ChatGPT lo que quieres y luego pegar esto :
Genera la respuesta en 2 partes, al acabar la primera parte, pregúntame “Estás preparado para la 2a parte?” y espera a que te escriba “OK” sólo así, continúa con la segunda parte.

eu tenho problemas usando o chatgpt4 que não conclui a reposta dando erro de rede, isso acontece em todas as vezes

Yes. This occurs with Plus as well. I have Plus and it happens to me almost every time that I have an extensive prompt. The person who started this thread originally said “(account plus)” which I assume is implying that he as well is using a plus account.

1 Like

I found ChatGPT4 not usable anymore. Using only ChatGPT 3.5 qnd are very satisfied.

GPT4 using me, not otherwise, so I not like it at all.

U should write it in Slovak Language, it could speed up answering You!

You mean sometimes? MOST of the time it gives me incomplete answer!

Plus member here, also getting Network errors after 80%. Things I’ve tried so far:

Clear cookie/cache in browser
Removing all my chat history :melting_face:
Trying different browsers, devices, internet connections
Installed fiber optics
Knitting a sweater
Learning Korean

You get the idea… So far no results. Big waste of my $$$ Hope someone reads this, likes and shares it with the OpenAI crew, so we can use what we paid for.

Still hopeful… Guess now we wait :smiley:

1 Like

I was getting the network error on Friday, but today the messages are abruptly ending without saying “network error.” The benefit is that I can then prompt “continue the previous answer. Do not start over, but instead continue from exactly where you left off.” - and that’s been working for me.

Im kinda upset against open AI

Im also a paid user 20$ per month for a really bad service. Always problems with chat gpt4.
Since few days i have a “network problem message” after he starts to write an answer.

We pay 20$ per month for the worst service i have ever paid. Limitation of use of chatgpt, errors most if the time, etc… useless service !!

Free users of chat gpt have less problems than us.

I wont renew my suscription. Very bad service from open AI to premium users.
Shame on you open ai you would deserve a chargeback or ask for refund from all of us.

Here is the solution which worked for me.

1. Within Chrome enter the following in the URL bar:

chrome://flags/

1. Then disable the QUIC protocol.
  2. Restart browser and try again.

I discovered this after realizing and carefully following the error within Chrome developer tools.

Good luck and happy AI’ing.

2 Likes

I have been having the same issue now for about a week. I cleared cookies, submitted tickets to OpenAI… nothing. Then I switched browsers. GPT 4 (Plus) works fine on Firefox for me, but kicks a network error 95% of the time in Chrome.

Not a perfect solution, but at least the service is usable (in Firefox).

The problem happens a lot in Chrome.

I tested the following browsers, all with the same problem:

1. Opera
  2. Brave
  3. Vivaldi
  4. Chromium
  5. Edge

It doesn’t happen on:
Avast Browser
Yandex Browser

So far, it’s the only way for me to avoid that generation bug.

1 Like