Can I use any 3rd party api with chatgpt-3 api?

Hello all,

I am making a chatbot using fine tune and I want to fetch latest stock data.
Can I use any 3rd party api like alphavantage with chatgpt-3 api to get current stock market rate?

Thanks

Although I can’t understand what you are hoping the API can do for your use case. There is nothing in OpenAI’s usage policy; OpenAI API that says you can’t.

1 Like

Thank you LipJ

To make you more clear I can brief you please help me out this:
I am making a chatbot that responses about latest stock. Alphavantage api return latest stock data . I want to integrate this with my chatgpt api . I am fine tunning my model and there are lots of data related to finance. I want that when anyone wants to know latest stock rate or anything Chatgpt api responses from taking data from Alphavantage api.Can it is possible?

I am new in AI . I finetuned a gpt-3 model with large dataset. But now I want to train it by giving training data to my fine tuned model . How can I do this to train model again and again by single single input data . So can you help me with?

First of all, there is no ChatGPT API. There is only an OpenAI API (at this time).

Second, these GPTs (like all the OpenAI API models) are large language models. They generate text. They don’t make API calls, period.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I am new in AI . I finetuned a gpt-3 model with large dataset. But now I want to train it by giving training data to my fine tuned model . How can I do this to train model again and again by single single input data . So can you help me with?

If you trained a gpt model already, you can add extra data to the model. When you tell the fine tuning to start, you tell it to use your trained model as a starting point instead of Davinci or curie etc. It’s one of the parameters you pass when you start fine tuning

1 Like

Hi @testingp63 , let me add more technical details on top of @raymonddavey kindly mentioned:

When you successfully create a new fine-tuned model, OpenAI will assign that model model a name in a parameter called, fine_tuned_model. You list your all your finetune models using the API list method or you can retrieve the model info using the retrieve method if you have your fine-tune model id handy.

See for Example, the last line below:

Using your fine-tuned model name, you can re-fine tune that model as you wish.

Hope this helps.

1 Like