Can GPT convert different sheet music codes?

Was expecting that or similar for a reply, which is helpful in confirming that what I think you need is not what is currently being generated.

I am still lost on that as you also note it as font but hopefully it will all make sense in the end.

Same with me and JavaScript, don’t like all of the boilerplate for JavaScript but ChatGPT is great at converting other source code to JavaScript, so your problem is just a variation on that. For me the question is, does or can we get ChatGPT to understand the Caeciliae language? As it is a fairly simple conversion I feel hopeful.

EDIT

Hopefully you see that my current goal for getting this to work is to create a few-shot prompt that works correctly. Currently there are three representations that I have to accomplish this:

1. Caeciliae code - the only online examples I find so far are from the link given.
  2. GABC notation - Many can be found at https://www.sourceandsummit.com/
  3. Images of the score - image

Since I have two of the thee parts from Caeciliae

1. Caeciliae code - 3pI==6p==4pi==6p==3pI
  2. Image - image

and can convert GABC to an image with Editor | Source & Summit I can make some progress but having your expertise would help.

The method I am using to accomplish this is to use Bootstrapping with T-Diagrams - Computerphile - Tombstone diagram

Since I have not seen this technique used/noted for prompt engineering I am going to name it “Prompt Bootstrapping”.

This ChatGPT prompt also offered up some help

Covert this Caeciliae code to GABC notation and explain both notations and how the conversion was done.

3pI==6p==4pi==6p==3pI

Completion

Here is the GABC notation for the Caeciliae code you provided:

X:1
T:
M:
L:1/4
Q:1/4=60
K:C
C,,3 I,, G,,6 P=4 P I,, G,,6 P=3 I,,

In Caeciliae notation, each letter or symbol represents a specific note or musical notation, with different characters used to indicate different durations, pitches, and musical symbols. In the code you provided, the letters p, i, and I are used to indicate punctum, semipunctum, and episema, respectively. The numbers preceding the characters represent the pitch of the note, with higher numbers representing higher pitches.

In GABC notation, each line of music is preceded by a header that specifies information such as the title, meter, key, and tempo of the piece. The melody is then represented using a series of letters and symbols that indicate the duration and pitch of each note, with uppercase letters used for notes in the upper octave and lowercase letters used for notes in the lower octave. Symbols such as dots and dashes are used to indicate various musical ornaments and articulations.

To convert the Caeciliae code to GABC notation, I first identified the notes and musical symbols represented by each character in the code, using a chart or reference guide to interpret the notation. I then translated each note and symbol into its equivalent GABC notation, using the appropriate letter and symbol to represent the duration and pitch of the note, and adding any necessary musical ornaments or articulations. In this case, I used P to represent punctum, I to represent episema, and G to represent gamma, with commas used to indicate lower octaves.

Note: I did finally realize that my earlier example was going from Caeciliae to GABC but what you asked is to go from GABC to Caeciliae :slightly_smiling_face:, the wording threw me off, teach ChatGPT to learn the Caeciliae codes to convert the GABC to it :upside_down_face:

1 Like